RR: MotoGP - lidt interviews vedr. PI- te~
Fra : MKS - 74

Dato : 21-02-04 10:40

Lidt mere dybtgående interviews end det sædvanlige lirum-larum fra
Motogp.com,oversat fra italiensk :

Max Biaggi:
The problems have stayed with me for the whole test and held me up in
the race simulation because i didnt want to lap in false conditions
with lack of wind.Here 9 out of 10 laps suffered from a strong wind
and i wanted to practise in race conditions.However i had to change
bikes putting the same tyres that i had on the other.Anyway,good times
but maybe by the day of the first race we will have different bikes.

Valentino Rossi:
The champion is smiling,is relaxed and is happy.
- Valentino, what do you think about these tests,it appears that they
are not going so bad...
"If i would have seen these results a month ago i would have thought i
was dreaming,but instead now i want to do more! Us riders are a
strange people..today i did the first real race simulation and it
wasn't bad seeing that we are behind by 2 or 3 tenths,at the end we
were down 5 seconds. Last year yamaha were behind 25 seconds so there
is an improvement. I'm not saying it was the riders fault,this is a
new bike that drives better,less tiring to take it to the limits.It
still remains more difficult to ride compared with the Honda but i
think were going in the right direction.Now i'm waiting for
confirmations of the tests that we will do here in a weeks time and
then in the IRTA tests in Barcelona and Jerez.This last track in the
most interesting with the dips:If we manage to get in this these
points right it means we are really growing.

Rossi's passionate about the bike: "I'll explain how the M1
works.Compared with the Honda it requests a stronger force physically
and mentally to go faster,it's a real race bike,whilst the RCV seems
like a product from the assembly line,only that usually racebikes go
faster!! We worked on making the bike easier to ride,the first
priority i indicated.Now we need to make it do more,make it more agile
otherwise we will be further behind.Sure,i'm riding different now,with
less slides,but this is because the Honda has more power on the rear
wheel when entering a corner,lets say the M1 slides a third of the
times the RCV does.''

- The others are going fast...
"true but note that my time is still unbeaten....".

- Davide Brivio, Rossi's team manager confirms that the v4 big bang
engine is going ahead: "we are making a great progress,we have other
examples of this engine that they are trying in japan.Now the
objective is to find more HP,together with Marelli's intention,but we
can't do too many things at the same time.

Loris Capirossi:
I expected more but the bike is still new.Today i did alot of
work,since the morning.We were also fast,i did some interesting times.
In the afternoon we made some modifications.I know that everyone
expected more,even me but i think about it reasonable: We have 2 tests
ahead before which we cannot go back to the factory,its not a great
amount of time to develop a bike thats growing.However the mutual
confidence that i have in Ducati is still here,they have a
rational,they want to develop the bike and not go looking for fast
times immediately,it's a working method,they think ahead and this is
what i like.

- However the Yamaha and Honda are quite worrying
"true,Honda put their bikes on the track and get good times without
straining.The bike is already ready,where as ours,we have to work on
it day after day.It's because of this that we dont have a perfect
setting.The Yamaha is a different story,there is Rossi and he is
giving it his best,there is only him for now.Anyway today i lapped in
the 30s also with the 16.5 front tyre and this makes me feel calmer
even if my bike has to become more consistant.

Corrado Cecchinelli : What does he mean? Do you feel deluded after
these tests in which there were some problems?
"My assessment of the situation is satisfying.Certainly we lack
consistency but we did times with race settings and 16.5 race
tyres,which makes the situation more realistic.The others however are
consistent,lets say that the new GP4 has a higher potential compared
with the old bike,that however had a major development.

- Why do youre riders lap in difficulty by using the 16.5?
"because it changes the feeling the riders have with the front chassis
it's a softer structure and has more grip,but its also less stable and
harsh.

- Does it have problems?
"I always use the old bike as a comparison but you need to treat it
like a new bike and we have to learn and understand
everything,mechanics and riders.At it's limit it's different,maybe
because it was designed to overcome the defects of the 2003 bike.

- A bike that has always had an troubled distribution and it's an
ignorant bike...

"Maybe because its the heir of the 888.Compared with Honda thats a
truthful statment but for the riders our new bike is less demanding
than the old one.....now it is softer...

- Too much HP?
"Power is like money: You can never have enough.However we will work
to make it more usable.You can ride neater and more accurately by
reducing the power,but this is nonsense in the races.We need to find
the best compromise without reducing the performance.It makes me laugh
to hear that according to someone experienced in electronics you can
just direct the horsepower directly to the ground,like a touch of
magic.Its not true! Consider that this engine is still not
finalised,there are new things tsill to come like the air box and
exhaust that will change the look of the bike.We hope that they work
well and we can test them before welkom.

--
-Michael

Fra : John Jensen

Dato : 21-02-04 11:26

"MKS - 74" <priller@tiscali.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> Lidt mere dybtgående interviews end det sædvanlige lirum-larum fra
> Motogp.com,oversat fra italiensk :> times the RCV does.''
>

> - Davide Brivio, Rossi's team manager confirms that the v4 big bang
> engine is going ahead: "we are making a great progress,we have other
> examples of this engine that they are trying in japan.Now the
> objective is to find more HP,together with Marelli's intention,but we
> can't do too many things at the same time.
>
> --
> -Michael

Her har jeg vist misset noget........ har Yamahax nu også "set lyset" og
udvikler en
V4 motor, eller er det en slåfejl ifm. oversættelsen. ?

/ John

Fra : MKS - 74

Dato : 21-02-04 11:36

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:25:39 +0100, "John Jensen"
<John@nospamJensen.tdcadsl.dk> wrote:

>Her har jeg vist misset noget........ har Yamahax nu også "set lyset" og
>udvikler en
>V4 motor, eller er det en slåfejl ifm. oversættelsen. ?

Nok lidt en blanding,jeg ved det ikke 100% idet det ikke er mig der
forestået oversættelsen,men en italiensk kvinde .

Men det er vist ikke layoutet der tænkes på men mere at Yamaha
desperat forsøger at få noget power ud af R4'eren ved at bruge
Big-bang princippet så den kommer til at lyde f.eks som Suzuki's
V4.Den er derfor døbt lidt spøgefuldt som en V4,en egentlig V4'er tror
jeg ikke på de har klar.

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=8323

--
-Michael

Fra : MKS - 74

Dato : 21-02-04 12:21

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:39:40 +0100, MKS - 74 <priller@tiscali.dk>
wrote:

>Lidt mere dybtgående interviews end det sædvanlige lirum-larum fra
>Motogp.com

Skulle der være en enkelt der har svært ved at gennemskue det
sædvanlige intetsigende BS der undertiden kommer,bringer vi her en
MotoGP - Bullshit - quote - translator :

With the sea of double meanings floating around in MotoGP we've
decided to help clear up some of the 'special phrases' riders use to
describe their current situation/performance for your future
knowledge.

Quote: I think it's great for the sport that Rossi has joined Yamaha.

Translation: I think it's great for me that Rossi has joined Yamaha,
cos I couldn't have beat him on the Honda.

Quote: All the Honda's are equal to my knowledge

Translation: My Honda is top spec, but I daren't admit it in case I
get beaten again.

Quote: The bike still needs development

Translation: I'm jumping ship to HRC at the end of the season

Quote: Testing times aren't important to me, it's the race results
that matter.

Translation: I've just done crap in testing

Quote: I'm not rushing into things. I'm taking it steady and learning
the bike's characteristics.

Translation: I was slow

Quote: Don't be surprised if I'm world champion

Translation: I'm a great rider, will someone sign me up for next year?

Quote: The front feels really good, I am very happy with the progress
we made today.

Translation: The back end is terrible.

Quote: Its a big step up from WSB, the bikes are so much more
powerful.

Translation: I'm really scared of getting hurt.

Quote: I'd like to thank the whole team for all their effort this
weekend.

Translation: Without me those lazy bastards wouldn't have a job.

Quote: The track is very challenging

Translation: Who the f*ck put a concrete wall there

Quote: Morning warm up did not go well.

Translation: I was still pissed from last night.

Quote: I am really looking forward to the new challenge ahead. World
Superbike is a very competitive class

Translation: I am way too old and slow to race in motogp.

Quote: The other teams have made good progress.

Translation: I thought my bike would be the fastest, now I'm not sure
and slightly scared.

Quote: The engine is superb

Translation: The handling is shocking.

Quote: The overall package is improving

Translation: The bike is bad in so many areas.

Quote: I think I did a reasonable job today.

Translation: I took it easy.

Quote: I really looking forward to the start of the season

Translation: I hate testing. I wish I was at home.

Quote: I felt something break on the bike, and the next thing I knew I
had a huge crash.

Translation: The crash was my fault, but the bike's so knackered
they'll never prove it.

--
-Michael

Fra : John Jensen

Dato : 21-02-04 12:31

> [...]
>

> Quote: I am really looking forward to the new challenge ahead. World
> Superbike is a very competitive class
>
> Translation: I am way too old and slow to race in motogp.
>

> Quote: The other teams have made good progress.
>
> Translation: I thought my bike would be the fastest, now I'm not sure
> and slightly scared.
>
> Quote: The engine is superb
>
> Translation: The handling is shocking.
>

> Quote: The overall package is improving
>
> Translation: The bike is bad in so many areas.
>

> Quote: I think I did a reasonable job today.
>
> Translation: I took it easy.
>

> Quote: I really looking forward to the start of the season
>
> Translation: I hate testing. I wish I was at home.
>

> Quote: I felt something break on the bike, and the next thing I knew I
> had a huge crash.
>
> Translation: The crash was my fault, but the bike's so knackered

Ha ha..... ja man kan jo næsten genkende hvem der er kommet med alle
udtalelserne, og
de oversatte svar passer jo egentlig meget godt.

/ John