RR - MotoGP - Edwards første tur på RCV'en~
Fra : MKS - 74

Dato : 04-11-03 18:27

sakset fra Motogp.com :

"Colin Edwards rode the Honda RC211V for the first time on Tuesday in
a private test at the Circuit de Catalunya in Spain. Under blissful
sunshine and enjoying temperatures touching 22ºC, the former World
Superbike Champion, who was unveiled as the new team-mate to Sete
Gibernau in the Telefonica MoviStar Honda team just two days ago,
spent only half a day on the machine before sending out a stark
warning to Valentino Rossi, who is expected to sign for Yamaha this
winter after confirming his departure from Honda on Sunday.

“It is so smooth that it feels slow – although evidently it’s not,”
explained the American, who left the circuit at 2pm to return home to
Texas. “The Aprilia was abrupt, peaky and ‘torquey’ but this thing is
smooth – it has power everywhere. You can think of where you’re going
as opposed to where you’ve just come from – there’s no need to gather
yourself together, you can concentrate on what’s next.

“I have obviously ridden quite a few bikes in my time and, after a
couple of hours on this thing… I don’t know if anybody can build
anything to beat it.

That is obviously just my own opinion but everything just feels so
right. It will be difficult to build something to beat this thing.”

Edwards, who won the WSB title with the Japanese factory in 2000 and
2002, contested his debut year in the MotoGP class with Aprilia this
season and admitted he was happy to be back. “I guess you could say I
have paid my dues for a year but now I am back with Honda and I’m
really looking forward to it. Circumstances last year didn’t allow it
but now I feel I am on the right bike and ready to get going. Next
year is going to be really good and to be honest I just can’t hide my
enthusiasm for it – I’m stoked!”

--
-Michael