Hjælpe - IMPORTING BIZ Spørgsmål
Fra : ziras

Dato : 04-04-01 22:14

Goddag,

Undskyld for skriver den post i engelske men jeg er en Amerikaner hvis lærer
danske nu og jeg tror at jeg kan bedre udtrykke min spørgsmål i engelske end
danske.

I'm an American living in KBH whose thinking about starting a motorcycle
accessory, performance, and stock part importing business. I'm an
ex-amateur racer with tons of bike knowledge and some good contacts in the
states.

I'd like to try and find out if there's enough of a market here in Danmark
to support such a biz. When you guys have some free time :

1 - Tell me what you think about the idea.

2 - Let me know what kind of bike parts you'd be interested in. (If you
have some "guestimates" of what the parts cost here in Danmark it'd save me
a bit of research time. Basically what I'm gonna do is compare what it'd
cost to buy it from a dealer here and what it would cost me to buy it in the
states and ship it over here. I know I can get it cheaper in the states but
by the time I ship it here and deal with customes then re-sell it, I'm not
sure if there's enough of a margin to make it profitable.)
feks: Big Bore kits, rims, rearsets, trick carbo bits, pipes, clip ons,
stock bodywork, plastics, osv.

3 - Can some people in the know give me an idea about what kind of bikes
are out there on the road here in DK. Saw a lot of sportbikes at Bakken
åbener men I also saw a bunch of standards, tourers, and hogs. I know where
to source sportbike parts.not so good or interested in finding the others.

4 - Anyone know if there's someplace I can look online to find out how many
motorcycles are registered/imported into DK over the last few years? That'
ll help me find out the size of the potential customer base.

Think that's it for now.but I know I'll probably come back to you guys with
more dumb questions.

Stor Tak og undskyld igen for bruger engelske.

København, N.Y.C. F-SPAM 98 TL1000R-Killa'B 89 HawkGT Modf'd
SOLD
*Guiliani For President 2004* 95 Aprilia RS250 93
ZX-7-R.I.P. Stolen
Bad Bunny Racing NHIS 92 KLX650 89
FZR600-R.I.P. Squid
Amateur LW # 277 90 HawkGT LWSuperbike
ziras@get2net.dk

"The people who vote decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide
everything."
- Josef Stalin.

Fra : Michael K. S.

Dato : 04-04-01 22:36

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001 23:14:13 +0200, "ziras" <ziras@get2net.dk> wrote:

>1 - Tell me what you think about the idea.

First of all crossposts is seldom a good idea,so you might reconsider
that in the future,i understand your motives though.
I'll only reply here.

Well basically i think the idea is good,the more choices the
better.Trouble is about the market though,seems to me it might not be
quite big enough,depending on your ambitions of course.You should also
consider that a lot of us buy abroad,in Germany or the UK,so your
prices would have to be competitive with those also when you're
considering marketsize and prices.

Denmark is quite mixed regarding the selection of bikes,it's not like
the sportsbike crazy UK f.ex,there are quite a few sportsbikes but
also a lot of choppers and basic-bikes which might not be interesting
for you.
You probably have noticed that the selection of sportsbikes parts (if
you exclude exhaustsystems) isn't that great in Denmark,so maybe there
_is_ a market,but it's not that obvious to me.

Personally i'm a sportsbike rider myself and all racing parts would be
interesting for me (if the price was right ) ),that's is
replicafairings , rearsets,tires,carbonparts etc.

Good luck with your plans.

Vh - Best regards

-Michael
Nr.xx - Pax Deorum....

Fra : N/A

Dato : 05-04-01 05:01

Fra : Armand

Dato : 05-04-01 05:01

ziras <ziras@get2net.dk> skrev i en
> Oh yeah, I forgot...svarer i danske er fint. (Gives me a chance to
> practice)

- - - men gav også Michael en chance for at øve

--
Armand.