server cache?
Fra : dan

Dato : 12-11-01 02:38

3 months ago, we moved our website from one server to another. Since then
some of our visitors continue to see a dated version of our website (from
when we moved it).

I've told people to delete their temp and cached files to elimate this, but
the problem persists. Many people continue to tell us that our website
hasn't changed for months, when in fact it has.

My friend found that when he typed in the server's IP # (which is
http://65.108.202.86 ) he could see the current website, but when he typed
in the domain name www.newWinnipeg.com he couldn't see it, but rather the
old website. What's interesting is that everyone who has complained that
they are seeing the dated version, see the same dated version - when we
moved servers (a blue upside down L design, with the lead story regarding a
smoking ban). The new site has flash, and is much different.

Network Solutions says they're forwarding to the current server, so they
can't help me. And my server says they don't know what we're talking about
because they see the updated version. And people are removing their cached
and temp files, still have this problem - but only with my website...

Please help if you can on this annoying riddle...

thanks,
Dan