is unlocking legal in Danmark?
Fra : Dietmar J. Harms

Dato : 01-11-01 19:30

Moin Moin (as we say in Hamburg/Germany)

se subj.

Ahoi, Dietmar J. Harms

--
[X] <-- nail here for new monitor (S.Breuer in deh)

Fra : Klaus Pedersen

Dato : 01-11-01 21:14

Short answer :
Yes, there's no law against it, and no plans to make one as far as I know.

/Klaus

Fra : Dietmar J. Harms

Dato : 02-11-01 10:21

Moin Moin,
neulich verklarte uns "Klaus Pedersen" <ultra@XXXmailme.dk> :

> Short answer :
> Yes, there's no law against it, and no plans to make one as far as I know.

Oh, this sounds good to me.
How is the market for unlocking in Danmark?
Can I open an "Unlocking Service" in Danmark?
(I can unlock nearly every phone.)

Ahoi, Dietmar J. Harms

--
[X] <-- nail here for new monitor (S.Breuer in deh)

Fra : Anders Majland \(Rep~

Dato : 02-11-01 13:18

> How is the market for unlocking in Danmark?
> Can I open an "Unlocking Service" in Danmark?
> (I can unlock nearly every phone.)

You will be competing with 100s of teenagers with "one-man" companies of
which many "forget" that they have to pay taxes/vat etc .... But if you plan
to market it for Germans the competition will be less ... Is unlucking
illegal in germany ?

/A

Fra : Dietmar J. Harms

Dato : 02-11-01 15:12

Moin Moin,
neulich verklarte uns "Anders Majland \(Replace DOT with . in address
for reply by email\)" <AndersDOTMajland@jyde.dk> :

> > How is the market for unlocking in Danmark?
> > Can I open an "Unlocking Service" in Danmark?
> > (I can unlock nearly every phone.)
>
> You will be competing with 100s of teenagers with "one-man" companies of
> which many "forget" that they have to pay taxes/vat etc ....

My intention was/is an unlocking service for dealers.

How much do normal people have to pay for unlocking a phone?

> But if you plan
> to market it for Germans the competition will be less ...

> Is unlucking
> illegal in germany ?

No one really knows that. It is neither forbidden nor allowed. Some
phone companies tried to catch some people, but in effect nothing
really happenend, cause most of these people signed a paper, that they
wont do this again, so no judge was involved. This is bullshit.
Here in Germany the prepaid phones are sim- or net-locked and u have
to pay about 100€ within two years to get the code to unlock your
phone. (after two years u get the code for free) Or you walk to an
unlocker and pay about 15-25€.

Ahoi, Dietmar J. Harms

--
[X] <-- nail here for new monitor (S.Breuer in deh)

Fra : Peter Rongsted

Dato : 02-11-01 16:47

"Dietmar J. Harms" <dj@tachharms.de> wrote:

[snip]
>No one really knows that. It is neither forbidden nor allowed. Some
>phone companies tried to catch some people, but in effect nothing
>really happenend, cause most of these people signed a paper, that they
>wont do this again, so no judge was involved. This is bullshit.
>Here in Germany the prepaid phones are sim- or net-locked and u have
>to pay about 100€ within two years to get the code to unlock your
>phone. (after two years u get the code for free) Or you walk to an
>unlocker and pay about 15-25€.

By law the phone companies cannot bind you for more than 6 months here
in Denmark. If you want the unlocking code before that they can charge
you max DKK 500 (approx. EUR 70). Unlocker charge EUR 10-15.

Peter

Fra : Dietmar J. Harms

Dato : 05-11-01 14:12

Moin Moin,
neulich verklarte uns nulldev@rongsted.dk (Peter Rongsted) :
<snip>
> By law the phone companies cannot bind you for more than 6 months here
> in Denmark. If you want the unlocking code before that they can charge
> you max DKK 500 (approx. EUR 70). Unlocker charge EUR 10-15.

Thanks for the info.

Ahoi, Dietmar J. Harms

--
[X] <-- nail here for new monitor (S.Breuer in deh)

Fra : schutz.dk

Dato : 03-11-01 12:57

<AndersDOTMajland@jyde.dk> wrote in message news:9ru2ht$8cs$1@sunsite.dk...
> > How is the market for unlocking in Danmark?
> > Can I open an "Unlocking Service" in Danmark?
> > (I can unlock nearly every phone.)
>
> You will be competing with 100s of teenagers with "one-man" companies of
> which many "forget" that they have to pay taxes/vat etc .... But if you
plan
> to market it for Germans the competition will be less ... Is unlucking
> illegal in germany ?
>
> /A

They do not have to pay vat unless they make more than (I believe it's
about) 25.000 kr a year, and I doubt that they make that much

-Jake...