About ¤&%)(&)( <span>-codes
Fra : Jesper Ryskin

Dato : 02-10-01 16:36

Hi there - sorry to Danish people for writing English, I'm writing to two
newsgroups in search of an answer.

Sorry to yell at you, but at the lack of MS employees around, allow me to
ask:

WHY THE F*** does FrontPage KEEP on putting the f****** <span>-tags in my
text, with the local language (which means it puts in <span language=da> in
every f****** sentence)?

Guess what:

I have marked my website as "English". I have markes ALL the individual
pages as... "English".

And still, the f****** FrontPage thinks: "Oh well, he is Danish, he probably
would like me to mark every f****** sentence as Danish - I'll just override
whatever information he has given me about the site and the pages. He'll be
soooo happy with that!"

¤&%()¤#(&)%&)#¤%&)(

OK - taking a deep breath. Sorry to yell at YOU guys, but you know how it
is - you have got to let it out sometimes ;)

BTW - if anyone is thinking: What do he care if it inserts <span>-tags, then
it's very simple: Since I write English on my sites, EVERY SINGLE WORD will
be marked as misspelled. And I cannot do a spelling check, of which I am
100% dependent, as this message probably will reveal all to obviously (well,
I could, but FrontPage would tell me every single word is incorrect, and
suggest a Danish word to replace the English).

Off course I am using the local version of FrontPage ("FrontPage DK" - DK as
in Denmark). I assume the International version does NOT insert <span
languange=da> in every sentence - but what the hell, you never know!

--
Mvh.Jesper Ryskin, ejer af Webconsult

Din computer larmer! I hvert fald mere end du sikkert gerne ville have.
Se på www.webconsult.dk om hvordan du får dæmpet din PC-støj.

Fra : Jesper Ryskin

Dato : 02-10-01 16:39

Det går godt i dag :(

Mange gange undskyld den forkerte posting, den skulle naturligvis ikke være
sendt til denne nyhedsgruppe. Den er sendt til den korrekte, jeg beklager
ulejligheden.

Fra : Anders Madsen

Dato : 02-10-01 17:35

Du gik ellers lidt amok!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeg troede du kunne ASP da webconsult's hjemmeside er lavet med ASP??

BTW drop frontpage - lorteprogram

Tak for god service!!
Hilsen en meget tilfreds
Anders Madsen

Din computer larmer! Se på www.webconsult.dk om hvordan du får dæmpet din
PC-støj.

Fra : Kenneth Kristensen

Dato : 03-10-01 07:53

> WHY THE F*** does FrontPage KEEP on putting the f****** <span>-tags in my
> text, with the local language (which means it puts in <span language=da> in
> every f****** sentence)?

If it's such a problem for you, why dont you just write your webpages in
a REAL webpage program like notepad
In Notepad you have the full rights to make it like you want, and if you
make a mistake you can only clain yourself.
BTW Frontpage sucks Notepad rocks.
If you are looking for a really good program to make webpages in, try
Emacs on a Linuxbox.

--
/kenne

A trainstation is a place where trains stops.
A busstation is a place where buses stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

Fra : Rod

Dato : 03-10-01 17:49

If it sucks then why are you lurking in this newsgroup?

Rod