[HUMOR] If Operating Systems Ran The Airli~
Fra : Claus Rasmussen

Dato : 27-08-01 16:43

[Sikkert gammel men frisk saks fra BBC]

If Operating Systems Ran The Airlines...

UNIX Airways

Everyone brings one piece of the plane along when they come to the airport.
They all go out on the runway and put the plane together piece by piece,
arguing non-stop about what kind of plane they are supposed to be building.

Air DOS

Everybody pushes the airplane until it glides, then they jump on and let
the plane coast until it hits the ground again. Then they push again, jump
on again, and so on...

Mac Airlines

All the stewards, captains, baggage handlers, and ticket agents look and
act exactly the same. Every time you ask questions about details, you are
gently but firmly told that you don't need to know, don't want to know, and
everything will be done for you without your ever having to know, so just
shut up.

Windows Air

The terminal is pretty and colorful, with friendly stewards, easy baggage
check and boarding, and a smooth take-off. After about 10 minutes in the
air, the plane explodes with no warning whatsoever.

Windows NT Air

Just like Windows Air, but costs more, uses much bigger planes, and takes
out all the other aircraft within a 40-mile radius when it explodes.

Linux Air

Disgruntled employees of all the other OS airlines decide to start their
own airline. They build the planes, ticket counters, and pave the runways
themselves. They charge a small fee to cover the cost of printing the
ticket, but you can also download and print the ticket yourself.

When you board the plane, you are given a seat, four bolts, a wrench and a
copy of the seat-HOWTO.html. Once settled, the fully adjustable seat is
very comfortable, the plane leaves and arrives on time without a single
problem, the in-flight meal is wonderful. You try to tell customers of the
other airlines about the great trip, but all they can say is, "You had to
do what with the seat?"

Fra : Willow_

Dato : 27-08-01 17:28

Claus Rasmussen wrote:

> [Sikkert gammel men frisk saks fra BBC]

Jeg har den, på dansk, i en hurtig-igang-bog til Redhat 5.2.
Men sjov sammenligning alligevel :)

--
Mvh, Regin Larsen
http://opia.dk - http://givetklik.dk - http://rammen.dk

Fra : Søren Jacob Lauritse~

Dato : 27-08-01 17:43

Claus Rasmussen wrote
> If Operating Systems Ran The Airlines...

Hvis Microsoft og Boeing byttede erhverv, ville vi få det perfekte
operativsystem, til gengæld ville ingen turde gå uden for en dør.

/Søren

Fra : Lars Josephsen

Dato : 27-08-01 18:20

"Søren Jacob Lauritsen" <devnull@nospam.sjl.dk> writes:

> Hvis Microsoft og Boeing byttede erhverv, ville vi få det perfekte
> operativsystem, til gengæld ville ingen turde gå uden for en dør.

Hvorfor det?

Regner du med at overleve, hvis en jumbojet styrtede ned i dit hus?

Så skulle man nok bo i en bunker

M.v.h.

Lars
--
Do not reply to this address!
To find my real address try a search for my name on Google.

Fra : Søren Jacob Lauritse~

Dato : 27-08-01 21:43

Lars Josephsen wrote
> Regner du med at overleve, hvis en jumbojet styrtede ned i dit hus?
>
> Så skulle man nok bo i en bunker

Der skal du så bruge en "upgrade" eller "security patch", som du løbende kan
få til dit hus.

/Søren

Fra : Mickey

Dato : 27-08-01 21:51

"Søren Jacob Lauritsen" <devnull@nospam.sjl.dk> skrev i en meddelelse

> Der skal du så bruge en "upgrade" eller "security patch", som du løbende
kan
> få til dit hus.

og husk nu at patche, ellers kommer CodeRedWorm forbi dit hus ;)

--
|-|$235-|)k - Mickey - Eko sum lapis
http://susie.dk/coderedworm.html

Fra : Henrik Boegh

Dato : 27-08-01 21:11

Claus Rasmussen <mailto:clr@cc-consult.dk> wrote in dk.edb.system.unix:

[...]

> If Operating Systems Ran The Airlines...

Nu vi er i gang kan jeg lige så godt fortsætte:

If Operating Systems Were Beers...

DOS Beer: Requires you to use your own can opener, and requires you to
read the directions carefully before opening the can. Originally only came
in an 8-oz. can, but now comes in a 16-oz. can. However, the can is divided
into 8 compartments of 2 oz. each, which have to be accessed separately.
Soon to be discontinued, although a lot of people are going to keep
drinking it after it's no longer available.

Mac Beer: At first, came only a 16-oz. can, but now comes in a 32-oz. can.
Considered by many to be a "light" beer. All the cans look identical. When
you take one from the fridge, it opens itself. The ingredients list is not
on the can. If you call to ask about the ingredients, you are told that
"you don't need to know." A notice on the side reminds you to drag your
empties to the trashcan.

Windows 3.1 Beer: The world's most popular. Comes in a 16-oz. can that
looks a lot like Mac Beer's. Requires that you already own a DOS Beer.
Claims that it allows you to drink several DOS Beers simultaneously, but in
reality you can only drink a few of them, very slowly, especially slowly if
you are drinking the Windows Beer at the same time. Sometimes, for
apparently no reason, a can of Windows Beer will explode when you open it.

OS/2 Beer: Comes in a 32-oz can. Does allow you to drink several DOS Beers
simultaneously. Allows you to drink Windows 3.1 Beer simultaneously too,
but somewhat slower. Advertises that its cans won't explode when you open
them, even if you shake them up. You never really see anyone drinking OS/2
Beer, but the manufacturer (International Beer Manufacturing) claims that 9
million six-packs have been sold.

Windows 95 Beer: You can't buy it yet, but a lot of people have
taste-tested it and claim it's wonderful. The can looks a lot like Mac
Beer's can, but tastes more like Windows 3.1 Beer. It comes in 32-oz. cans,
but when you look inside, the cans only have 16 oz. of beer in them. Most
people will probably keep drinking Windows 3.1 Beer until their friends try
Windows 95 Beer and say they like it. The ingredients list, when you look
at the small print, has some of the same ingredients that come in DOS beer,
even though the manufacturer claims that this is an entirely new brew.

Windows NT Beer: Comes in 32-oz. cans, but you can only buy it by the
truckload. This causes most people to have to go out and buy bigger
refrigerators. The can looks just like Windows 3.1 Beer's, but the company
promises to change the can to look just like Windows 95 Beer's - after
Windows 95 beer starts shipping. Touted as an "industrial strength" beer,
and suggested only for use in bars.

Unix Beer: Comes in several different brands, in cans ranging from 8 oz.
to 64 oz. Drinkers of Unix Beer display fierce brand loyalty, even though
they claim that all the different brands taste almost identical. Sometimes
the pop-tops break off when you try to open them, so you have to have your
own can opener around for those occasions, in which case you either need a
complete set of instructions, or a friend who has been drinking Unix Beer
for several years.

AmigaDOS Beer: The company has gone out of business, but their recipe has
been picked up by some weird German company, so now this beer will be an
import. This beer never really sold very well because the original
manufacturer didn't understand marketing. Like Unix Beer, AmigaDOS Beer
fans are an extremely loyal and loud group. It originally came in a 16-oz.
can, but now comes in 32-oz. cans too. When this can was originally
introduced, it appeared flashy and colorful, but the design hasn't changed
much over the years, so it appears dated now. Critics of this beer claim
that it is only meant for watching TV anyway.

VMS Beer: Requires minimal user interaction, except for popping the top
and sipping. However cans have been known on occasion to explode, or
contain extremely un-beer-like contents. Best drunk in high pressure
development environments. When you call the manufacturer for the list of
ingredients, you're told that is proprietary and referred to an unknown
listing in the manuals published by the FDA. Rumors are that this was once
listed in the Physicians' Desk Reference as a tranquilizer, but no one can
claim to have actually seen it.

Linux Beer: 32oz served on tap only - bring your own can. Free refill.
Unless you want to get a headache, do not drink fresh Linux beer. Tastes
almost as good as Unix beer. For a first try, reuse an old DOS can. Brewed
by an excellent private Finnish brewery.

[...]

--
H e n r i k B o e g h ^ http://henrik.boegh.net/
*** DON'T remove _nospam_ uppon reply by email ***

Fra : Peter Makholm

Dato : 27-08-01 21:32

Henrik Boegh <h_nospam_@boegh.net> writes:

> Linux Beer: 32oz served on tap only - bring your own can. Free refill.

Free Beer - Yes!

--
Når folk spørger mig, om jeg er nørd, bliver jeg altid ilde til mode
og svarer lidt undskyldende: "Nej, jeg bruger RedHat".

Fra : Henrik Boegh

Dato : 28-08-01 06:07

Peter Makholm <mailto:peter@makholm.net> wrote in dk.edb.system.unix:

[...]

> Free Beer - Yes!

_Den_ burde man jo nok have forudset.

--
H e n r i k B o e g h ^ http://henrik.boegh.net/
*** DON'T remove _nospam_ uppon reply by email ***
"I'll do the stupid thing first and then you shy people follow..."
- Frank Zappa

Fra : Rander

Dato : 27-08-01 22:37

Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:10:58 +0200 brugte Henrik Boegh 112 linier på at
fortælle dette til dk.edb.system.unix:

>> If Operating Systems Ran The Airlines...
>Nu vi er i gang kan jeg lige så godt fortsætte:

Og hvis vi lige skal snuppe en mere der er mindst lige så gammel:

Med DOS bag rattet:

DOS: Du sætter dig ind i bilen og prøver at huske hvor du lagde nøglen.

Windows: Du sætter dig ind i bilen og kører hen til købmanden - meget
langsomt, for bag bilen er et godstog hægtet på.

Mac. System 7: Du sætter dig ind i bilen for at køre til butikken, og
bilen kører dig til kirke.

UNIX: Du sætter dig ind i bilen og indtaster kommandoen GREP BUTIK. På
vejen opnår du hastigheder på 300 km i timen, før du ankommer til
frisørsalonen.

Windows NT: Du sætter dig ind i bilen og skriver et brev med teksten "Kør
til butikken". Så stiger du ud af bilen og sender brevet til dit
instrumentbræt.

Taligent/Pink: Du går hen til butikken sammen med Ricardo Montalban, som
fortæller, hvor rart det bliver, når han kan flyve dig til butikken i sin
Lear-jet.

OS/2: Efter at have hældt 6000 liter benzin på bilen, sætter du dig ind og
kører hen til butikken ledsaget af en motorcykel-eskorte og en marchparade.
På halvvejen springer bilen i luften og dræber alle i byen.

S/36 SSP: Du sætter dig ind i bilen og kører hen til butikken. På
halvvejen løber du tør for benzin. Mens du er på vej videre til fods bliver
du kørt ned af en bande unge på knallerter.

OS/400: En assistent låser dig ind i bilen og kører dig hen til
købmandsbutikken, hvor du får lov til at se på, at alle andre køber filet
mignon.

--
Lars Rander, www.rander.dk ICQ#: 987520 ** Pil ikke ved min adresse **
Sjathelt og beskytter af det svage køn (udnævnt af diktator SEJ 5/6-99)

Friheden er intet værd, hvis ikke den indbefatter friheden
til at fejle. (Mahatma Gandhi)