Dykning omkring Similan, Thailand
Fra : Peter Fjelsten

Dato : 04-01-05 21:43

Svende på dk.fritid.dykning,

Ja, det er faktisk sandt. Jeg skal efter al sandsynlighed derned til
marts. Er der nogen, der ved noget om, hvordan revene ser ud omkring
Similan og Richelieu Rock her oven på havnebølgen?

--
Peter Fjelsten (DIR-DK, EKPP) Om DIR <http://www.dir-dk.org/>
MSN "fjelsten@yahoo.com" Huledykning <http://www.ekpp.org/>

Fra : Allan Hansen

Dato : 04-01-05 22:03

"Peter Fjelsten" <nospam@adr.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> Er der nogen, der ved noget om, hvordan revene ser ud omkring
> Similan og Richelieu Rock her oven på havnebølgen?

Jeg har klippet en meddelelse ind fra den svenske gruppe:
"Rapport re kondition på dyksiter i Thailand (Läst 801 gånger)
Thien från Phuket som hjälpt till med uppröjningsarbetet, fast i
vattnet:

Here is my quick assessment of the diving in the local area:

30 -12 -2004
Koh Bida Nok (1:30pm)
Visibility: 10-15 meters (very normal for December) Water temp: 28 C
Current: mild
Marine life: Normal! There were no sign of damages from the Tsunami.
Schools of yellow lined snappers, fusiliers, angel fish, leaopard
sharks, black tip reef sharks were sighted. Coral showed no sign of tsunami
damages. Some trash floating at the surface, none underwater as we were
prepare for clean, and all came up empty bag.

Tonsai Bay (4:20pm)
Visibility: 1-3 meter
Water Temp: 28 c
Current: None
Marine life: heavily damaged corals, silts, and lots building swept
into the bay from the Tsunami. These sites were used normally for confined
water training, snorkeling and discover scuba diving before the tsunami.
We recovered suitcases, backpacks, ID tags, and sadly bodies during
the last few days here.
Comment: Do not agree to go to Tonsai if your boat operator decides to
go for a look. It is out of respect of the unfortunates and the safety of
the recovery team. This task will take much longer than just days to locate
and clean up.

29-12-04
King Cruiser Wreck (11:20am)
Visibility: 10-12 meters (good and unusual for this time of year)
Water Temp: 28 C
Current: mild
Marine life: Ghost pipefish, lionfish, leopard shark & bamboo shark on
the wreck, schools of snappers, fusiliers, barracudas, jacks, rabbit fish
etc.
Comment: The middle deck at 22m of the bow area finally collapsed, ok
to swim through and back out, not much inside, the wreck is very fragile at
the moment, penetration not allowed. Do not go into the wreck as your
bubbles will cause further damage. No trash on dive site and very little at
the surface.

Koh Doc Mai (1:45pm)
Visibility: 8-10 meters (normal for this time of year) Water Temp: 28
Current: Moderate
Marine life: No visible damage to any corals, fish life remained
abundance, sighted were silver slides, giant barracudas, white eyes & giant
morays, abundance of reef fish.
Comment: no trash under water, quite a lot of floating debris on the
surface, include a bamboo house drifting from Phuket on its way to sea.

Recommendation: The diving in the southern dive sites are looking very
normal. Day trip boats have resume operation to dive sites: Shark Point,
King Cruiser Wreck, Koh Doc Mai, Koh Racha Yai (East Coast dive sites), and
Koh Racha Noi.

The Similans has re-opened for diving. However, there are some damages
to the west coast dive sites, thus all diving are limited to the east coast
only. There were no affect for Richelieu Rock, the premier dive site of
Thailand West Coast. "

Allan Hansen

Fra : Peter Fjelsten

Dato : 04-01-05 22:44

Allan Hansen skrev i Message-ID: <crf09m$2gd2$1@news.cybercity.dk>:

> The Similans has re-opened for diving. However, there are some damages
> to the west coast dive sites, thus all diving are limited to the east
> coast only. There were no affect for Richelieu Rock, the premier dive
> site of Thailand West Coast. "

Tak for det. Er det fra dykarna.nu?

Jeg håber der kommer mere info om Similan - inden vi skal bestille
liveaboard.

Fra : Allan Hansen

Dato : 05-01-05 08:24

> Tak for det. Er det fra dykarna.nu?

Ja

> Jeg håber der kommer mere info om Similan - inden vi skal bestille
> liveaboard.

Man kan følge oprydningen i phuket på:
http://www.phuket-photos.com/frameme.php?page=phuket-tidal-wave.htm
men eller skal du nok have fat i de enkelte arrangører på f. eks
http://www.phuket.com/diving/index.htm

Allan Hansen