Gentoo Linux
Fra : Danni Finne

Dato : 18-05-01 19:00

Nogen herinde som har prøvet Gentoo Linux ?

http://www.gentoo.org/index.html

Gentoo Linux is a fast, modern distribution with a clean and flexible
design -- in this respect, Gentoo may appeal to Slackware, Linux From
Scratch or BSD users. Unlike most Linux distros, Gentoo has a package system
reminscient of BSD's ports, meaning the packages are continually updated to
the lastest versions.

Gentoo Linux has an advanced package management system called Portage.
Portage is a true ports system in the tradition of BSD ports, but is
Python-based and sports a number of advanced features including
dependencies, fine-grained package management, "fake" (OpenBSD-style)
installs, safe unmerging, system profiles, virtual packages, config file
management, and more.

Det lyder da vældigt interessant :)

Fra : Mickey

Dato : 18-05-01 19:09

"Danni Finne" <danni@finne.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> Nogen herinde som har prøvet Gentoo Linux ?

hmmm, har du snakket med ham der skrev
<news:gJYM6.18389$zv2.2089977@news010.worldonline.dk> ?

--
|-|$235-|)k - Mickey
http://susie.dk - mickey(at)susie.dk

Fra : Thomas Overgaard

Dato : 18-05-01 21:45

Danni Finne wrote:

> Det lyder da vældigt interessant :)

Jeps, især når man læser denne fil:

No ISO images avaliable at the moment.
We removed the old rc4_pre2 iso because it contained packages with
security holes

--
Thomas O.

Fra : Danni Finne

Dato : 18-05-01 21:47

> We removed the old rc4_pre2 iso because it contained packages with
> security holes

Jeps, det tyder sq på alvorlige folk.

Fra : Lasse Stig Thomsen

Dato : 21-05-01 01:12

JEg har en liggende på cd, hvis du er interreseret?

Det er version gentoo-1.0_rc4_p

Men desværre understøtter den ikke mine HPT370 controllere =(

MVH: Lasse Stig Thomsen
www.retel.dk