Ubisoft support
Fra : Tommy

Dato : 11-02-04 11:21

Hello.

I recently bought Pirates of The Caribbean but when I installed the game and
wanted to run it, I got a "please insert correct CD-ROM and restart the
application"

Well. I tried a lot of things to get i to work but nothing helped. So I
opened a case at Ubisoft support. When doing that I got a auto ansver back
telling me different solutions and that I would hear from them in the next
48 hours...... Well great..... none of them applied to my problem so I went
in wait-state. When the 48 hours where gone I updated the case asking them
polite if they have forgot me. The next day I got a AUTO-ansver that since
they have not heard from me they supposed the problem was solved and that
they have closed the case. Meanwhile I was playing the game using a no-cd
crack. I updated the case telling them that they have a very crappy way of
handling things and that it can not be right that I buy a original game and
then have to run a no-cd crack in order to play the the game.

Then I tried to contact Bathesda softworks and they told me that Ubisoft had
the support for european versions but they gave me the advice that i should
clean the CD. See that is what I call service. Ubisoft should learn from
that.

So what I learned from this case: When there is something wrong with games
from Ubisoft, YOUR ON YOUR OWN.

Ubisoft STINKS

Best Regards
Tommy

Fra : a

Dato : 12-03-04 15:55

Hej.
Jeg har rettet lidt på det engelske, kun for at det kunne være rart at få
det rettet lidt.
Men jeg er ingen engelsk lærer.

"Tommy" <no@reply.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
Hello.

I've recently purchased the "Pirates of The Caribbean". But when I
install and
starts the game the message "please insert correct CD-ROM and restart
the application" appear.

Well!

Trying a hole lot of things won't help. Then I
found a similar case at Ubisoft Support. When doing that ?? I get a
automatic
reply mail back telling me many possible solutions and that I would be
hearing from
them in the next 48 hours...... Well.... great! None of them really applied
to the problem. After 48 hours I e-mailed them again with a more up to date
explanation of the problem and then asking them politely if they have
forgotten me!. Next day I get a AUTO-answer again telling me that since
they have not heard from me they're assumeing the problem is solved and are
closeing the case.
Meanwhile I was able to play the game using a no-cd. I E-mailed them again
telling
they have a very funny way of handling e-mail corresponding and that it
certainly not could be satisfactory to make a fully originally purchased
game
running
you are nessesary to have a unofficial no cd (denne er jeg ikke sikker på)
code
(eller lignende).

Rettede kun her til og ikke længere.

-