Blokering af vedhæftede filer
Fra : rondo

Dato : 23-07-03 09:27

Min engelske version af Office XP blokerer for alle vedhæftede filer i
mails således, at jeg ikke får lov at åbne dem. Hvordan fjerner jeg
denne spærring?

Mvh
Ronnie

Fra : Lars Klintholm

Dato : 23-07-03 10:12

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q290497

--
Mvh
LarsK

Fra : pre

Dato : 23-07-03 16:13

Her er en bedre beskrivelse af hvordan man fikser i Registry, men det undrer
mig at det fremhæves at "man" ikke kan gøre det selv. Måske er det det
sædvanlige halløj med "Administrator" begrebet. Det kunne være rart om
nogen ville melde tilbage hvis der er erfaringer med den rettelse.

--
mvh
pre

Fra : pre

Dato : 23-07-03 17:04

Her er en kopi af Ken Slovak´s side med veje til at omgå Outlooks blokering
af filer. Hvis der herefter stadig skulle være folk med problemer, så må
det skyldes andre forhold, f. eks. manglende opdatering af Systemerne.
The Outlook E-Mail Security Update (included in Office 2000
Service Pack 2) and Outlook 2002 block access to .exe, .com and other
"dangerous" files. See Attachment Security for a list of the affected file
types. You cannot open these files from Outlook, nor can you use Outlook to
save them to your system. If you try to forward a message containing an .exe
file, Outlook does not include the attachment in the forwarded message.

So what do you do when you receive an .exe file and must find a way to
open it? There are several methods, depending on your version of Outlook.

Recent Outlook Versions | Import to Outlook Express | Outlook Web
Access | Tools | More Information

Recent Outlook Versions Outlook 2003, Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2000
SP3 (but not Outlook 98 or earlier Outlook 2000 versions) allow the user to
use a registry key to open up access to blocked attachments. (Always make a
backup before editing the registry.) To use this key:
1.. Run Regedit, and go to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security
(change 10.0 to 9.0 for Outlook 2000 SP3 or to 11.0 for Outlook 2003`fs)

2.. Under that key, add a new string value named Level1Remove.

3.. For the value for Level1Remove, enter a semicolon-delimited list
of file extensions. For example, entering this:

mdb;url

would unblock Microsoft Access files and Internet shortcuts.

If you are using this registry entry, a glance at Help | About
Microsoft Outlook will show Security Mode: User Controlled above the license
information.

If you prefer not to edit the registry directly, you can use one of
these tools to make the change; not all support both Outlook 2002 and 2000:

Attachment Options COM add-in by Outlook MVP Ken Slovak that
adds an Attachment Security Options page to the Tools | Options dialog in
Outlook 2002 to allow you to manage which file attachments are blocked. Only
for Outlook 2000 SP3, Outlook 2002, and Outlook 2003. For Also provides a
user interface for setting two other Outlook options -- Read as Plain Text
(Outlook 2002, SP-1 or later) and Minimize to System Tray. Available in
English and German. Shareware.
DetachOL Standalone utility to change the list of blocked file
attachments according to the level of risk you're willing to take. Free.
Outlook Permissions Add-in Add-in for adjusting which
attachments you can open under Outlook's increased security, for Outlook
2003, 2002 and Outlook 2000 SP3 or later. Free
TweakOL Modifies the Windows registry to change the list of
blocked file attachments according to the level of risk you're willing to
take, always show the Bcc field, minimize Outlook 2002 to the system tray,
and disable or enable MSN Messenger. Free. Outlook 2002 only.
Xenos Outlook Security Extension Utility to manage file
attachment blocking in Outlook 2000 SP3, Outlook 2002, and later. Also
manages optional settings such as minimize to tray and purge data file on
exit. New settings added in new Outlook updates are supported through online
updates to the software. (Formerly Xenos Outlook Security Extension)

After applying this registry fix or using one of the above tools, the
user still has to save the attached file to a system drive before opening
it. In effect, the fix rolls the attachment behavior back to Outlook 2000
SR-1, with its included Attachment Security Fix. An end-user cannot bypass
this "save to disk" behavior and open the file directly from the mail
message, though an Exchange administrator can.

Import to Outlook Express Because Microsoft has not forced attachment
blocking on Outlook Express (though it is optional in OE 6.0), you can
access .exe files from Outlook messages imported to OE. To make this process
easier, consider creating a separate folder in Outlook to which you copy
messages with attachments that you want to import. To import into OE, use
OE's File | Import command.

Outlook Web Access .If you work in a Microsoft Exchange Server
environment where Outlook Web Access is deployed, you can use OWA to open
messages and get the attachments. OWA has no attachment security.

Tools .If you only need to adjust the attachment restrictions, see the
Outlook 2002 add-ins above.

Administrative Options for the Microsoft Outlook E-mail Security
Patch.
These options work in an Exchange Server or HP OpenMail
environment and allow the administrator to decide who can open what kinds of
files. They are not applicable to end users.

Chilton Preview .Free utility that allows you to open any
attachment from the preview pane. Also has the advantage of not loading HTML
message content, just the plain-text version of the message. Updated to work
with Outlook 2002.
ExLife and CaSaveAtt from Ornic These tools allow you to save
Outlook attachments as system files automatically or (with ExLife) on
demand. They do not trigger the security update's object model guard
prompts.
Express Mail@Mate
E-mail notification tool that provides access to attachments
blocked by the Outlook Email Security Update.

MailDefense. Quarantines potentially dangerous attachments in
incoming or outgoing messages using POP, SMTP, IMAP, or Exchange mailboxes.
The attachments are quarantined before they reach the user's Inbox, but can
be opened from the quarantine folder. Also quarantines active content such
as scripts in HTML messages or macros in Office documents.
MHMS EXE Grabber Extracts .exe attachments from Outlook messages
that have been saved as .msg files. Free.
Watch Your Back. Allows you to save blocked Outlook attachments
as system files automatically or on demand. Also filters HTML content from
incoming messages.
ZoneAlarm Pro.
Monitor and screen potentially harmful attachments, including
..exe files. See ZoneAlarm Pro MailSafe for more information.

Notes We've heard of some other approaches:

a.. Editing the Outllib.dll file with a hex editor to overwrite the
extensions listed for "dangerous" files (e.g. the method used at Is there
any way to work around the Outlook security update? or
http://members.tripodnet.nl/lcroft/)

b.. If you installed Office 2000 Service Pack 2, substituting the
Outllib.dll and Outllibr.dll files from Service Release 1.

c.. For Office 2000 SP2, downloading the administrative version of
SP2 and deleting the .msp file that contains the Outlook updates, then
installing SP2.

However, these methods put Outlook into an unsupported, potentially
unstable configuration, and we don't recommend them. In particular, the last
two ensure that you do not get any of the Outlook in Office 2000 SP2
mvh
pre

Fra : hcma

Dato : 23-07-03 18:04

"rondo" <newsreader@post.cybercity.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> Min engelske version af Office XP blokerer for alle vedhæftede filer i
> mails således, at jeg ikke får lov at åbne dem. Hvordan fjerner jeg
> denne spærring?
>
> Mvh
> Ronnie

måske hjælper dette link, der har en anvisning på løsning af problemet:
http://www.riversen.dk/?id=tips#outlook
m v h
HC