java applet linked to colour changer
Fra : Terri

Dato : 22-12-02 02:44

I have a colour changer on my website and I have a clock that is a java
applet... the background on the clock is white and the colour changer on my
page lets me change the background on the page to different colors...I was
wondering if there is a way to link the clock to the changer so that when i
choose a colour it will also change the colour on the background of the
clock?

I know there is a way you can link it together, at least I am pretty sure
there should be a way since you cant make transparent applets.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks alot,

Terri

Fra : Lasse Reichstein Nie~

Dato : 22-12-02 11:46

"Terri" <terri.long@dsl.pipex.com> writes:

> I have a colour changer on my website and I have a clock that is a java
> applet... the background on the clock is white and the colour changer on my
> page lets me change the background on the page to different colors...I was
> wondering if there is a way to link the clock to the changer so that when i
> choose a colour it will also change the colour on the background of the
> clock?

It is possible, but it needs to be programmed into the Java class.

If the Java object is included in the HTML page using the applet tag,
you can access the public fields of the Java object as properties
of the applet element. You could then have a public field containing
the background color, and change it when you change the page background ...
although the will probably be a small, but visible, delay.

If you include the Java object using the object tag, I don't know
if there is a similar way to access the Java object. However, the
Java object can access the JavaScript DOM structure as explained at
<URL:http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/docs/jsobject.html>.

/L
--
Lasse Reichstein Nielsen - lrn@hotpop.com

Fra : Terri

Dato : 22-12-02 15:56

Thanks alot for the info, I will give it a try and let you know how it
went...

Thanks again,

Terri