flash and external cgi
Fra : Vladimir Komarek

Dato : 14-11-02 04:40

hello
my name is Claudio i m writing from italy
i experienced this problem using flash and cgi scripts...
well, i need a cgi script called mail.cgi just to send email... getting
variables from a form in a flash movie... so i have all my data like
emailaddress, the message text and ecc ecc... when i push "send" in my
botton the action script send variables using geturl
(http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/mail.cgi) or something like that... cause
this is not the point... because everything works when the cgi script is
on the same site as the flash movie.. in this case www.mysite.com

but (and this is pretty odd) if i call a cgi-script wich is on another
site like geturl(http://www.anothersite.com/cgi-bin/mail.cgi) all of
that doesn t work! that makes me crazy....

i tryed using another actionscript command.. like loadvariables.... same
problem!

i tryed with the same cgi script but called from a form on simple
html... without any flash movie... and everything work when the cgi is
in the local site and even if the cgi is on another site... so it works
always.

my conclusion is:
the flash plug-in has got some kind of protection
so you can use only local cgi (cgi on the same site where the flash
movie is running)... this is the only reason i can find

but it sounds pretty weird..

some of you knows something more aboout that?

cheers