In treenigheten til Knut
Fra : pmj

Dato : 23-02-01 23:05

Hej igjen.

Det ser ut til at ikke bare du er forvirret angående hendelser rundt
godeste Servetus.

Jeg leted op forskjellige ting på nettet, bl.a Servetus sin bok for at
lese den. Det har jeg ikke gjort fra før nemlig. Men gjet hvad jeg
stødte på som det første ! Gå til denne addresse:
http://www.koan.com/~nazsaints/pubs/trinity1.html . Der finder du
følgende forklaring:

Introduction

The title of this work, De Trinitatis erroribus, is taken from the work
by Spanish theologian Michael Servetus who was burned to death on the
morning of October 27, 1553, in part for writing this book against the
doctrine of the Trinity. The Spanish physician’s death was approved by
Martin Luther, John Calvin, and Sir Thomas More, that "man for all
seasons." Perhaps the greatest argument against the doctrine of the
Trinity
was the martydom of the discoverer of the circulatory system. For truth
cannot beget the horrors of persecution. (It was Athanasias who slapped
Arius!)

Hvilket lykketref. Eller er det? Luther "approved" Servetus sin død. Kan
du forklare mig hvordan han gjore det? Hvordan vet den som skrev dette
at Luther gjore det? Eller tror du de skriver heller ikke bokstavlig?

Fortell mig hvordan jeg skal forholde mig til sådanne saker. Jeg vet
ikke.

Fra : pmj

Dato : 24-02-01 00:20

DIALOGUES ON THE TRINITY

TO THE READER, GREETING

All that I have lately written, in seven Books, against the received view as
to the Trinity, honest reader, I now retract; not because it is untrue, but
because it is
incomplete, and written as though by a child for children. Yet I pray you to
keep such of it as might help you to an understanding of what is to be said
here.
Moreover, that such a barbarous, confused, and incorrect book appear as my
former one was, must be ascribed to my own lack of experience, and to the
printer's
carelessness. Nor would I have any Christian offended thereby, since God is
wont sometimes to make his own wisdom known through the foolish instruments
of the
world. I beg you, therefore, to pay attention to the matter itself; for if
you give heed to this, my halting words will not stand in your way. Fare you
well.

Servetus

Dialogen, som dette sitat er fra, er en opfølger til hans bok om fejlene ved
treenigheten. Stakkers menneske.