download problem
Fra : Lieven Standaert

Dato : 27-05-02 16:41

Not sure this is the right newsgroup for this, nut I'M DESPERATE!!!!!

My client cannot download files from his website, www.helioscreen.com.
Though the path to the file is correct, he can first choose if he wishes to
open the file or save it, but then the download times out and he gets an
error he cannot download the file and should try again later.

At my pc the download works correctly, so I suggested it was a problem with
his firewall (he uses a proxy server running NT)
but he claims some of his customers have the problem too, and that he does
not have problems downloading pdf-files from other sites.

tried:
-just use plain html, no good, the link to the file gives the error
-checking Upper/Lower case, though the webserver runs windows
-creating a dir with all permissions on and place the files there

Now for the really weird part:
if I type http://www.helioscreen.com/downloads/
I got the serer configured to give me directory listing, if I then click a
file, I can open it on my client's machine. However, if I then copy/paste
the adress to the adress bar, I get the same ***** error-message as before.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN TRY NEXT? DID ANYONE EVER HEAR OF A PROBLEM LIKE
THIS? I JUST DON'T GET IT....

thx 4 yer time
-Lieven

Fra : Christian M. Nielsen

Dato : 28-05-02 17:21

> Now for the really weird part:
> if I type http://www.helioscreen.com/downloads/
> I got the serer configured to give me directory listing, if I then click a
> file, I can open it on my client's machine. However, if I then copy/paste
> the adress to the adress bar, I get the same ***** error-message as
before.

I guess it's the server that have the problem. I get same errors as you do

--

Mvh / Regards

-=< Christian >=-
ICQ: 25308942
http://www.cmnielsen.dk
Må man forvente at tage på i vægt, hvis man løber baglæns?