applixware/install/opskrift
Fra : Claus Christian Lars~

Dato : 09-05-02 10:50

Endelig fik jeg instaleret applixware.

Opskriften kan ses her:

- Open a xterm (console), type in sux and then enter the root password.
- Mount the installation CD: mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom
- Change to /media/cdrom: cd /media/cdrom
- Start the Installation: ./setup &
- Select your prefered language from the popup window and select button
"Run
in the selected language".
- Select "Spezial" or "Special" (or what ever in your selected language
comes close). That's important!
- Enter the Registrationkey
- Chose the installation directory (/opt/applix is a good choice) and allow
it to be created if not allready existend.
- Select the language to be installed
- Select any application to be installed and go to the next menues until
stating the installation.
- There will probably popup a window informing you about messages in the
installation log.
- Allow applix to update(!) the needed libraries. Don't worry. The newer
Version stay present for the system.

After the installation leave the installation path: cd ..
Unmount the CD: umount /media/cdrom
Type in: exit
Type in: applix &

I did the installation on SuSE 8.0 this way and Applixware is running
without problems (so fare). You can configure the KDE-menue to start
applix. I did this and Applixware is starting without problems.

Regards

Hilsen Claus.