ZoneAlarm og TrueVector security service
Fra : Christian

Dato : 02-03-02 13:23

Hej,
Er der nogen, der ved hvad det betyder, når der er et gult kryds over
ZoneAlarm iconet i taskbaren, og den skriver TrueVector security service is
shut down?

Fra : Peter Kruse

Dato : 03-03-02 11:55

"Christian" <i3440@dialip.csc.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hej,
> Er der nogen, der ved hvad det betyder, når der er et gult kryds over
> ZoneAlarm iconet i taskbaren, og den skriver TrueVector security service
is
> shut down?

Hej Christian,

Her følger et standard svar fra Zonelalarm vedr. problemer med vsmon. Håber
det kan hjælpe dig.

"There are several things that can sometimes cause a problem with the
Truevector service (vsmon) loading at startup. When the firewall service
does not start
properly but the user interface does, you will see a yellow X over the
ZoneAlarm icon.

1) Adaptec CD can cause startup timing issues with the
TrueVector service. We suggest that you set Adaptec CD to not load at
startup. It will start automatically when you start the program.

2) Serial connections can cause hangs at startup. If you have a UPS or other
device connected to a serial port, the following may help:

- If the UPS or other software appears in the Program list, try giving it
access rights.
- If the device shows up under Local Zone contents in Security Advanced, try
checking that box to add it to your trusted Local Zone.
- Otherwise, if the software does not appear in the Program list, try
setting the software to not start automatically, then do a complete shut
down. After a
few seconds, power up the system. Now start up the software - if it asks for
access, allow it access.

3) You can change the timing of the TrueVector startup while still starting
it automatically.

NOTE: Due to the hardening against Trojans and Viruses designed to shut down
antivirus and firewall software, we do NOT support the use of msconfig to
modify
startup timing - if you have made changes through the use of msconfig and
are experiencing difficulties, you must uninstall and reinstall the product
to reset it to the proper settings before requesting further support.

Once the settings are at defaut, to stop True Vector from
running as a service at startup:

- Clicking on Start/Run and type the following (The actual
directory name may be different on your system) :

Windows 9x/Me : c:\windows\system\zonelabs\vsmon -uninstall
Windows NT/2000 : c:\winnt\system32\zonelabs\vsmon -uninstall

This will change the startup timing of the True Vector Service and driver
(for the more technical - this basically sets it to start as a program
rather than a
service).
4) Sometimes there can be a conflict with too many things
running at startup. In order to not have ZA/ZAP load automatically at
startup:
- Click on the ZoneAlarm "Configure Button".
- UNcheck the "Load ZoneAlarm at startup" checkbox.
- UNcheck the deskband if you use it (and UNcheck the box to Show Shell if
you have one)
- Reboot
- You will need to launch ZA/ZAP manually when you want it to start.

If you continue to experience difficulty, the issue may be a problem with
TrueVector or its database files.

Venligst
Peter Kruse

Fra : Christian

Dato : 03-03-02 19:48

Hej Peter,
jeg valgte løsning 3, da 1 og 2 ikke var relevante, og det ser ud til at
have løst mit problem.
Tak for hjælpen
Christian