Flame resistor in IBM 2237-24N monitor
Fra : Michael_Sørensen

Dato : 06-12-01 20:00

Hello all
I'm trying to repair IBM 2237 17" monitor. (maybe an Acer 76E clone)
The HOT was shorted. (BU2527AF)

I also found a component near the PSU marked FRxxx (can't remember the
number).

The component had marking: 1F 4A
(1F printed in small letters)
The "1" had an underscore.
What kind is this? A flameresistor? How many ohms? A fuse? 4Amperes?
Right now i'm using a 4A fuse. The monitor works but i'm not shure about how
long it will work
Greetings from Denmark.....Michael
please reply in newsgroup

Fra : Martin Nielsen

Dato : 07-12-01 00:40

"Michael_Sørensen" <no_adress_4_avoid_virus@mail.dk> wrote in message
> Hello all
> I'm trying to repair IBM 2237 17" monitor. (maybe an Acer 76E clone)
> The HOT was shorted. (BU2527AF)
>
> I also found a component near the PSU marked FRxxx (can't remember the
> number).
>
> The component had marking: 1F 4A
> (1F printed in small letters)
> The "1" had an underscore.
> What kind is this? A flameresistor? How many ohms? A fuse? 4Amperes?
> Right now i'm using a 4A fuse. The monitor works but i'm not shure about
how
> long it will work

It´s a PicoFuse 4A/125V - it burned when the HOT shorted.

Fra : Michael_Sørensen

Dato : 07-12-01 05:36

> It´s a PicoFuse 4A/125V - it burned when the HOT shorted.
Er det "bare" en sikring? Kan den erstattes af en alm. 4A sikring? Jeg har
brugt (midlertidig) sådan en i et isoleret rund plasthus (som set i en del
Philips TV).
med venlig hilsen.....Michael