site grouping # sites
Fra : flora

Dato : 30-11-01 16:37

Hello,

Basically I have to develop a website, that will group a certain
information topic available
on other web sites.

Say for example the topic is a "nation", I want to develop a site that
will gather, group
all the information related to that nation available on other websites
into my site. This
will avoid the user to surf the net and go from a link to another,
which might be miscellaneous

Basically I will use the ASP (Active server page).

I am not looking for any code, but want some hints, tips e.g is such
technique already known (I discussed with a friend, he told me it is
called a PORTAL)
Some links on the Internet, dissertation will be so appreciated

Note I am new in the field

Fra : Mark Hewitt

Dato : 30-11-01 17:26

> group
> all the information related to that nation available on other websites
> into my site.

Assuming you have the permission of the other sites to do this.

Fra : Emil Hauch Jensen

Dato : 02-12-01 13:54

Sorry to say this.
But you would probably be better of gathering the information yourself.
Since making a ASP script that finds text containing "nation" is rather
posibel, and has been done quite a time. But the general web-user tend to
like a little colection of high quality texts, rather than a huge amount of
little informative texts.

In other words:
A service which finds/gathers all information on a subject available on the
net, already exists - even plenty of them.
But whats hard to find, are sites that has only the have valuable
information.

--
-Mvh.
-Emil hauch Jensen