Draggable, transparent Menu in Flash?
Fra : De Pälzer

Dato : 22-11-01 23:32

Hi!
I'm just trying to do a draggable menu in Flash5, that has some
transparency, so, if you're moving the menu, one can see the background
image through it. My problem is, I get it all working, but the thing, that
the background picture is moving always together with the menu! I'm just
using the start/stop drag expression in Action Script. Hope somone can help
me!

Thanks a lot, Swaine23

Fra : Daniel Thomas

Dato : 23-11-01 00:11

"De Pälzer" <friendlyone@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I'm just trying to do a draggable menu in Flash5, that has some
> transparency, so, if you're moving the menu, one can see the background
> image through it. My problem is, I get it all working, but the thing, that
> the background picture is moving always together with the menu! I'm just
> using the start/stop drag expression in Action Script. Hope somone can
help
> me!
>
> Thanks a lot, Swaine23

You want to have the Start/Stop Drag *within* the movie clip that you are
trying to move, sounds like you are confusing actionscript by telling it you
want to move everything in the _root (even though you didn't mean to).

You can send me the fla if you like, I can try and take a look for you.

Dan.

Fra : Daniel Thomas

Dato : 25-11-01 18:02

"De Pälzer" <friendlyone@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I'm just trying to do a draggable menu in Flash5, that has some
> transparency, so, if you're moving the menu, one can see the background
> image through it. My problem is, I get it all working, but the thing, that
> the background picture is moving always together with the menu! I'm just
> using the start/stop drag expression in Action Script. Hope somone can
help
> me!
>
> Thanks a lot, Swaine23

Did you ever get my the modified FLA and tutorial I mailed you for this?

Dan.