Mark Twains moral-kritik
Fra : Bo Warming

Dato : 27-02-11 01:37

Mark Twains moral-kritik
Han er USAs største forfatter og Verdens største humorist. Han skrev
konstant og alt var humoristiske bestsellere, da skrivemaskinen netop
var opfundet og han fik råd til at diktere til sekretær, så flød
perfekt humor fra ham til massernes smag konstant og i et 75-årigt liv
Han skrev biografi for Nordstaternes sejrrige general Grant og ku
derfor ikke tillade sig at udgive sin egen og bedre, og den måtte
derfor kun trykkes 100 år efter hans død dvs nu
Den viser en dyb tænker med ham for at afsløre folks facader om
sandsfærdighed og samvittighed. Helt som Holberg
Især analyserer han dybt om taknemlighedsgæld

" Hvis jeg havde en hund, der skabte sig så meget som min
samvittighed, ville jeg drukne den. Mark Twain

"Gratitude is a debt which usually goes on accumulating like
blackmail; the more you pay the more is exacted. In time, you are made
to realize that the kindness done you is become a curse and you wish
it had not happened. .Mark Twain

   "All the consciences I have ever heard of were nagging,
badgering, fault-finding, execrable little savages! Yes: and always in
a sweat about some poor little insignificant trifle or other -
destruction catch the lot of them, I say!
I would trade mine for the small-pox and seven kinds of consumption,
and be glad of the change. Mark Twain
"Conscience is that mysterious autocrat, lodged in man, which compells
man to content its desires.It may be called "the master-passion" -
the hunger for self-aproval. Mark Twain
"   If I had the remaking of man, he wouldn't have any conscience.
It is one of the most disagreable things connected with a person, and
allthough it certainly does a great deal of good, it cannot be said to
pay, in the long run. It would be much better to have less good and
more comfort. Mark Twain