Freedom of Speech Trial
Fra : .

Dato : 14-10-10 03:51

New Book Chronicles the Whistle Blower of Israel’s WMD Program,
Mordechai Vanunu’s Freedom of Speech Trial and how an American
novelist became the reporter who followed it

[Clermont, Fl.] October 11, 2010—“BEYOND NUCLEAR: Mordechai Vanunu's
FREEDOM of SPEECH Trial and My Life as a Muckraker: 2005-2010” by
Eileen Fleming also documents the Whistle Blower of Israel’s weapons
of mass destruction program's childhood in Morocco, multiple crises of
faith, 18 years in jail, and 6 ½ years under restrictions that have
denied him the right to leave Israel and speak to foreigners.

In 1985, Vanunu shot two rolls of film in top-secret locations in the
Dimona, Israel’s seven-story underground nuclear weapons facility in
the Negev and he served 18 years in jail for treason and espionage.

According to Fleming, “I was not a reporter when I met Vanunu in June
2005, but I was inspired to become one to tell his story and my
experiences with hundreds of nonviolent Palestinian, Israeli and
international human rights activists who are seeking security for
Israel through justice for Palestine: an end to the military
occupation.”

On January 25, 2006, Vanunu’s freedom of speech trial began for
speaking to foreign media in 2004. In 2010, he served a sentence of 78
days in solitary confinement.

Fleming ended his saga with Vanunu waiting in Tel Aviv, for Israel to
release him to full freedom.

On October 4, 2010, the International League for Human Rights-FIDH/
AEDH Germany, announced Vanunu was awarded the 2010 Carl-von-Ossietzky-
Medal and an international campaign was launched to assure he be at
the Award Ceremony, in Berlin on December 12, 2010.

On October 11, 2010, at 1 PM, Vanunu returned to the Supreme Court
seeking to rescind the restrictions that have denied him the right to
leave Israel and speak to foreigners.

Israel DENIED his appeal

About the Author:

Eileen Fleming is a registered nurse by education and writer by
vocation. She is the Founder and Editor of WeAreWideAwake.org, a
feature correspondent for Arabisto.com, a staff member of Salem-
News.com and published by dozens of Internet sites. She produced “30
Minutes with Vanunu” and “13 Minutes with Vanunu” which are streaming
on her site. Fleming is also the author of KEEP HOPE ALIVE and THIRD
INTIFADA/UPRISING: NONVIOLENT but with Words Sharper than a Two-Edged
Sword.

Fra : .

Dato : 14-10-10 03:53

http://wearewideawake.org/index.phpoption=com_content&task=view&id=1860&Itemid=238