Turkish president addressed UN general ass~
Fra : Patruljen

Dato : 23-09-10 13:37

Turkey: We expect formal apology, compensation from Israel over Gaza
flotilla.

Turkey is still waiting for an apology from Israel over the Gaza
flotilla raid, Turkish president Abdullah Gul told the United Nations
General Assembly on Thursday.

The UN Human Rights Commission released a report on the incident on
Wednesday. The report, compiled by three United Nations appointed
human rights experts, said that Israeli forces violated international
law when they raided a Gaza-bound aid flotilla, killing nine
activists, earlier this year.

Published 19:24 23.09.10
Latest update 19:24 23.09.10
Turkey: We expect formal apology, compensation from Israel over Gaza
flotilla
Turkish president addressed UN general assembly and praised UN report
on Gaza flotilla raid, which says Israeli forces violated
international law.
By Shlomo Shamir and News Agencies

Turkey is still waiting for an apology from Israel over the Gaza
flotilla raid, Turkish president Abdullah Gul told the United Nations
General Assembly on Thursday.

The UN Human Rights Commission released a report on the incident on
Wednesday. The report, compiled by three United Nations appointed
human rights experts, said that Israeli forces violated international
law when they raided a Gaza-bound aid flotilla, killing nine
activists, earlier this year.

Turkey's President Abdullah Gul addresses the UN General Assembly in
New York on September 23, 2010.

Gul said that he still expects Israel to pay monetary compensation to
the families of those killed in the raid, which he said was a scathing
infraction of international law.

"In the light of international law, Turkey's expectation is a formal
apology and compensation for the aggrieved families of the victims and
the injured people," Gul said.

The UN Human Rights Council's fact-finding mission concluded that
Israel's naval blockade of the Palestinian territory was unlawful
because of the humanitarian crisis there, and described the military
raid on the flotilla as brutal and disproportionate.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry responded to the report late Wednesday by
saying the Human Rights Council had a biased, politicized and
extremist approach. They have since said that will "study" the
report.

Gul lauded United States President Barack Obama's efforts to encourage
the Israelis and Palestinians to resume direct peace talks.

However, he cautioned: "It would be very difficult to make progress
towards permanent peace unless we put an end to the humanitarian
tragedy in Gaza."

Earlier on Wednesday, Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu praised
Gaza flotilla report, telling Anatolia news agency that it report was
fair, impartial and used strong evidence.

"We expected the council to release a strong report based on strong
evidence, and in this sense the report met our expectations," said
Davutoglu. "We hope that Israel will learn to use language of
international law and act in line with it."

The Human Rights Council's report was compiled by former UN war crimes
prosecutor Desmond de Silva, Trinidadian judge Karl T. Hudson-Phillips
and Malaysian women's rights advocate Mary Shanthi Dairiam.

The Human Rights Council, based in Geneva, was re-established in 2006
by then UN Security General, Kofi Annan, following accusations that
its predecessor, the UN Commission on Human Rights, openly and
systematically discriminated against Israel.

But the new body has also passed several resolutions condemning Israel
over the past few years, especially for its actions in the Palestinian
territories, and is often of accused of unfair bias against Israel.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/turkey-we-expect-formal-apology-compensation-from-israel-over-gaza-flotilla-1.315337

Fra : \"@'

Dato : 23-09-10 21:25

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:36:30 -0700 (PDT), Patruljen
<Patruljen@yahoo.dk> wrote:

>Turkey: We expect formal apology, compensation from Israel over Gaza
>flotilla.
>
>Turkey is still waiting for an apology from Israel

for hvad?

hvis nogen skal undskylde må det da være dem som hjælper de terrister
som angriber Israel

--
Si vis pacem - para bellum

Fra : /John

Dato : 24-09-10 02:00

""@'" <1@iindnaavalid.invavvlid> skrev i en meddelelse

> for hvad?

Arrh.. det upålidelige NATO-land Tyrkiet under Erdogan spiller blot for
muhammedaner-galleriet.

Høgen Erdogan er klar over, at tyrkisk EU-medlemsskab er mere end tvivlsomt,
da Tyrkiet ikke har en jordisk chance for at opfylde betingelserne.

Problemerne er så'n noget som korruption, menneskerettigheder (fx
kurder-problemet) og manglende økonomisk styring.

Europæerne er skeptiske, og tyrkerne selv vil hellere råbe allahu akbar og
gå rundt i biavler-udstyr.

Derfor skal der lefles for muhammedaner-landene, og det sker naturligvis
bedst ved at angribe områdets Prügelknabe, Israel.

Samtidig afleder det tyrkernes opmærksomhed fra Tyrkiets interne problemer
nævnt ovenfor.

Vi mangler nu blot at få smidt Tyrkiet ud af NATO.

John

Fra : Patruljen

Dato : 24-09-10 05:31

On 24 Sep., 03:00, "/John" <no...@pladderballe.ok> wrote:
> ""@'" <1...@iindnaavalid.invavvlid> skrev i en meddelelse
>
> > for hvad?
>
> Arrh.. det upålidelige NATO-land Tyrkiet under Erdogan spiller blot for
> muhammedaner-galleriet.
>
> Høgen Erdogan er klar over, at tyrkisk EU-medlemsskab er mere end tvivlsomt,
> da Tyrkiet ikke har en jordisk chance for at opfylde betingelserne.
>
> Problemerne er så'n noget som korruption, menneskerettigheder (fx
> kurder-problemet) og manglende økonomisk styring.
>
> Europæerne er skeptiske, og tyrkerne selv vil hellere råbe allahu akbar og
> gå rundt i biavler-udstyr.
>
> Derfor skal der lefles for muhammedaner-landene, og det sker naturligvis
> bedst ved at angribe områdets Prügelknabe, Israel.
>
> Samtidig afleder det tyrkernes opmærksomhed fra Tyrkiets interne problemer
> nævnt ovenfor.
>
> Vi mangler nu blot at få smidt Tyrkiet ud af NATO.
>
> John

Har I lagt mærke til tråden: "Israeli action against Gaza flotilla
‘unlawful’ – UN Human Rights Council panel."

Og eksempelvis disse konklusioner:

"Nine civilians lost their lives and several more were seriously
injured in the incident against the flotilla that departed from
Turkey
and was trying to deliver humanitarian aid to Gaza, which has been
the
subject of an Israeli blockade since 2007.

“The conduct of the Israeli military and other personnel towards the
flotilla passengers was not only disproportionate to the occasion but
demonstrated levels of totally unnecessary and incredible violence,”
the report states.

“It betrayed an unacceptable level of brutality. Such conduct cannot
be justified or condoned on security or any other grounds. It
constituted grave violations of human rights law and international
humanitarian law.”

The report, which was made public yesterday, presents a factual
description of the events leading up to the interception of each of
the six ships in the flotilla as well as a seventh ship intercepted
on
6 June, the deaths of nine passengers and wounding of many others,
and
the detention of passengers in Israel and their deportation.

The three-member mission said there is clear evidence to support
prosecutions of crimes such as wilful killing, torture or inhuman
treatment, and wilfully causing great suffering or serious injury to
body or health."

Eller det det en af de "småting", som ikke kan findes i Israeltoday og
som I bliver nødt til at ignorere ?