user information store
Fra : epout@yahoo.com

Dato : 28-07-01 00:15

I've been working on a user information form that stores data in a
database using FrontPage. I use windows 2000 server to host the page
and process the FrontPage ASP scripts for this form. The form was
working well in the beginning until I updated the fields with some
requiring validation thru FrontPage. I also created a new database in
FrontPage for the updated form. Now, when data is entered into the
form, the asp script confirms the entry but nothing shows up in the
database. When I use the retrieve form, it says that the database
connection is undefined and that this problem can occur if

the connection is removed from the web
the file "global.asa" is missing/corrupted
the root does not have scripting permissions enabled
web not marked as application root

Except for a corrupted "global.asa," I don't think the other factors
have occurred on my server.

I need help!!

Fra : Riishøj

Dato : 28-07-01 11:16

<epout@yahoo.com> skrev i en

> I've been working on a user information form that stores data in a
> database using FrontPage. I use windows 2000 server to host the page
> and process the FrontPage ASP scripts for this form. The form was
> working well in the beginning until I updated the fields with some
> requiring validation thru FrontPage. I also created a new database in
> FrontPage for the updated form. Now, when data is entered into the
> form, the asp script confirms the entry but nothing shows up in the
> database. When I use the retrieve form, it says that the database
> connection is undefined and that this problem can occur if
>
> the connection is removed from the web
> the file "global.asa" is missing/corrupted
> the root does not have scripting permissions enabled
> web not marked as application root
>
> Except for a corrupted "global.asa," I don't think the other factors
> have occurred on my server.
>
> I need help!!

Try running the Help-function in FP called "Find and repair errors" (I don't
know if this is the exact name in the English version!) I had a similar
problem with a database connection and running the help function fixed the
problem.
Riishøj