MS Office 2008 [Entourage 2008] and CalDAV~
Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 27-11-07 00:09

Does anybody know wheter Entourage 2008 will support the CalDAV protocol
thus enabling it to use a Leopard Server's iCal Server?

Especially, will the MS Office 2008 Home Edition support it?

Otherwise, I think, lots of MS Office-users will drop the use of
Entourage in favour of Apple's own programs.
--
Per Erik Rønne
http://www.RQNNE.dk

Fra : Shawn Hirn

Dato : 27-11-07 01:09

In article <1i87mwf.7ta7ui1umjofkN%per@RQNNE.invalid>,
per@RQNNE.invalid (Per Rønne) wrote:

> Does anybody know wheter Entourage 2008 will support the CalDAV protocol
> thus enabling it to use a Leopard Server's iCal Server?
>
> Especially, will the MS Office 2008 Home Edition support it?
>
> Otherwise, I think, lots of MS Office-users will drop the use of
> Entourage in favour of Apple's own programs.

Entourage 2008 and Office 2008 are not available for sale yet. Try
posting your question here after Microsoft begins selling the new
version.

Fra : Jon

Dato : 27-11-07 06:43

Shawn Hirn <srhi@comcast.net> wrote:

> In article <1i87mwf.7ta7ui1umjofkN%per@RQNNE.invalid>,
> per@RQNNE.invalid (Per Rønne) wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know wheter Entourage 2008 will support the CalDAV protocol
> > thus enabling it to use a Leopard Server's iCal Server?
> >
> > Especially, will the MS Office 2008 Home Edition support it?
> >
> > Otherwise, I think, lots of MS Office-users will drop the use of
> > Entourage in favour of Apple's own programs.
>
> Entourage 2008 and Office 2008 are not available for sale yet. Try
> posting your question here after Microsoft begins selling the new
> version.

There is a beta out among selected testers, isn't there? Some of those
might feel like sharing.
--
/Jon
For contact info, run the following in Terminal:

Fra : Jolly Roger

Dato : 27-11-07 08:50

In article <1i8859z.o7pwq81mauf0qN%see_signature@mac.com.invalid>,
see_signature@mac.com.invalid (Jon) wrote:

> Shawn Hirn <srhi@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > In article <1i87mwf.7ta7ui1umjofkN%per@RQNNE.invalid>,
> > per@RQNNE.invalid (Per Rønne) wrote:
> >
> > > Does anybody know wheter Entourage 2008 will support the CalDAV protocol
> > > thus enabling it to use a Leopard Server's iCal Server?
> > >
> > > Especially, will the MS Office 2008 Home Edition support it?
> > >
> > > Otherwise, I think, lots of MS Office-users will drop the use of
> > > Entourage in favour of Apple's own programs.
> >
> > Entourage 2008 and Office 2008 are not available for sale yet. Try
> > posting your question here after Microsoft begins selling the new
> > version.
>
> There is a beta out among selected testers, isn't there? Some of those
> might feel like sharing.

Nope - not if they don't want to be sued. Microsoft, like most other
software companies, has them sign non-disclosure agreements agreeing not
to disclose details about the product to the public.

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to

JR

Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 27-11-07 06:56

Shawn Hirn <srhi@comcast.net> wrote:

> In article <1i87mwf.7ta7ui1umjofkN%per@RQNNE.invalid>,
> per@RQNNE.invalid (Per Rønne) wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know wheter Entourage 2008 will support the CalDAV protocol
> > thus enabling it to use a Leopard Server's iCal Server?
> >
> > Especially, will the MS Office 2008 Home Edition support it?
> >
> > Otherwise, I think, lots of MS Office-users will drop the use of
> > Entourage in favour of Apple's own programs.
>
> Entourage 2008 and Office 2008 are not available for sale yet.

I know.

> Try posting your question here after Microsoft begins selling the new
> version.

You mean: nobody will know before they actually begin selling the
product?
--
Per Erik Rønne
http://www.RQNNE.dk

Fra : David Empson

Dato : 27-11-07 08:18

Per Rønne <per@RQNNE.invalid> wrote:

> Shawn Hirn <srhi@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Try posting your question here after Microsoft begins selling the new
> > version.
>
> You mean: nobody will know before they actually begin selling the
> product?

Only beta testers and reviewers, and they aren't likely to be posting
here. It isn't a public beta.

AppleInsider has recently published a series of articles looking at the
beta version of Office 2008. Have a look at http://www.appleinsider.com
and find the "Road to Office 2008" article on Entourage. It may give you
a better idea of its capabilties.

--
David Empson
dempson@actrix.gen.nz

Fra : Henrik Münster

Dato : 28-11-07 00:48

Per Rønne <per@RQNNE.invalid> wrote:

> Does anybody know wheter Entourage 2008 will support the CalDAV protocol
> thus enabling it to use a Leopard Server's iCal Server?
>
> Especially, will the MS Office 2008 Home Edition support it?
>
> Otherwise, I think, lots of MS Office-users will drop the use of
> Entourage in favour of Apple's own programs.

There is also the open source calender Sunbird, which is part of the
Mozilla project. Here is a link to the Danish version:

<http://mozilladanmark.dk/produkter/kalender/>
--
Henrik Münster
Esbjerg

Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 28-11-07 05:27

Henrik Münster <news@muenster.dk> wrote:

> Per Rønne <per@RQNNE.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know wheter Entourage 2008 will support the CalDAV protocol
> > thus enabling it to use a Leopard Server's iCal Server?
> >
> > Especially, will the MS Office 2008 Home Edition support it?
> >
> > Otherwise, I think, lots of MS Office-users will drop the use of
> > Entourage in favour of Apple's own programs.
>
> There is also the open source calender Sunbird, which is part of the
> Mozilla project. Here is a link to the Danish version:
>
> <http://mozilladanmark.dk/produkter/kalender/>

Seems to be an alternative to Outlook on Windows clients to a Leopard
Server.

Unless, as the link suggests, Outlook 2007 is iCalendar [CalDAV]
compatible. Offoce 2003 that O use on my Windows computers, is not.
--
Per Erik Rønne
http://www.RQNNE.dk