Request for short translation
Fra : rgtiedeman@yahoo.com

Dato : 06-12-06 06:36

I am researching my family history. I recently found out that my
mother's family actually originated in Denmark. My ancestor Simon
Olufsen Lund was born in Nykobing Falster. I found his baptism record
in the arkivalieronline.dk. He is found under Nykobing Falster Sogn,
Opslag 73. He is the first record on the page. I have a limited
reading knowledge of Norwegian but I cannot read the old script.

I am requesting any help in translating this short record.

Thank you.

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 06-12-06 07:10

rgtiedeman@yahoo.com wrote:

> I am researching my family history. I recently found out that my
> mother's family actually originated in Denmark. My ancestor Simon
> Olufsen Lund was born in Nykobing Falster. I found his baptism record
> in the arkivalieronline.dk. He is found under Nykobing Falster Sogn,
> Opslag 73. He is the first record on the page. I have a limited
> reading knowledge of Norwegian but I cannot read the old script.
>
> I am requesting any help in translating this short record.

what date?

the rootsweb Denrk list is very helpful too

http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/DNK/DENMARK.html

and
http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Ednkcen/sitemap.html

Hugh W

--

Beta blogger
http://nanowrimo3.blogspot.com/ visiting my past

old blogger
http://hughw36.blogspot.com/ MAIN BLOG

Fra : rgtiedeman@yahoo.com

Dato : 06-12-06 14:15

25 August 1719.

Fra : Lars Erik Bryld

Dato : 06-12-06 19:09

Scripsit rgtiedeman@yahoo.com:

>>> I am researching my family history. I recently found out that my
>>> mother's family actually originated in Denmark. My ancestor Simon
>>> Olufsen Lund was born in Nykobing Falster. I found his baptism
>>> record in the arkivalieronline.dk. He is found under Nykobing
>>> Falster Sogn, Opslag 73. He is the first record on the page. I
>>> have a limited reading knowledge of Norwegian but I cannot read
>>> the old script.

I am no whiz at this, but as my abilities go:

Fredagen d 25 Aug Oluf Simonsens Lunds Kleinsmeds Søn døbt og kaldet
Simon baaret af Cai (?) Flints Hustru.
F: Christian Fritzskr Hofmøntmesters (?)
Hustru, Niels Pedersens Hospitalsforstanders Yngste Datter Karen(?),
Henrik Smidt Par[y]kmager, Hans Jacob Zimmer studiosus for grudn (?).

Fri 25 Aug Oluf Simonsen Lund's fine smith's son baptised and called
Simon held by Cai Flint's wife.
Godfathers: Christian Fritzskr Royal Minter's wife, Niels Pedersens
Hospital Warden's youngest daughter Karen(?), Henrik Smidt Wigmaker's,
Hans Jacob Zimmer student for ???

I REALLY suspect I've misread something here, but it's a start, I hope

--
Regards
Lars Erik Bryld

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 06-12-06 19:18

thanks

my gotisk is not up to spee

I need to take this course on line

Kurs i gotisk handskrift
Gotisk, handskrift, Bergen.
www.hist.uib.no/gotisk/
moe help
http://www.sa.dk/sa/brugearkiver/gotisk/default.htm

http://www.sa.dk/sa/brugearkiver/gotisk/1700store.htm
http://www.sa.dk/sa/brugearkiver/gotisk/1700smaa.htm

those are from a school copy book

http://www.akacia.dk/gotiske.htm
with agood illistratiion of the difference between the "f" and the
"long s"

and finally what i was looking for - I remember well when this
excellent site was created

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.dk-yeoman.dk+gotisk++&btnG=Search+Images
12 good images

from

kurser
På begge hold læser vi naturligvis masser af gotisk skrift. ... 1900 er
skrevet med denne skrift eller en blanding af gotisk skrift og latinsk
skrift (den ...
www.dk-yeoman.dk/fd/hold/kurser.htm

Indhold af 'Slægtsforskning fra A til Z' af Ulrich Alster Klug
Læse- og Skriveøvelser i Gotisk Skrift. 245. 65.3. De små bogstaver..
246 ... Tydningsøvelser i gotisk skrift 256. 66.1.
Stillingsbetegnelser.. 256 ...
www.dk-yeoman.dk/fd/bog/indhold.htm

just compare letter by letter and you will soon learn to read it

good luck

Hugh W