Billige hotel i Bangkok m.m
Fra : squizze

Dato : 05-06-05 16:13

Hej i gruppen

Her finder i billige hoteller i Bangkok fra 370 bath
samt andre byer i Thailand.

http://www.thaihotelfinder.com/

Squizze

Fra : Steen Johansen

Dato : 05-06-05 17:21

"squizze" <squizze@nomail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hej i gruppen
>
> Her finder i billige hoteller i Bangkok fra 370 bath
> samt andre byer i Thailand.
>
> http://www.thaihotelfinder.com/
>
> Squizze

De rigtig billige er ikke på nettetEks Atlanta Sukumvit soi 2 350 Bath
First Hotel til 900 Bath og Opera til 550Bath
Hotel 22 til 350Bath
og der er mange andre
Mvh Steen

Fra : squizze

Dato : 11-06-05 20:02

> De rigtig billige er ikke på nettetEks Atlanta Sukumvit soi 2 350 Bath
> First Hotel til 900 Bath og Opera til 550Bath
> Hotel 22 til 350Bath
> og der er mange andre
> Mvh Steen

Fint nok Steen, men det var jo også bare et link, jeg fandt
og det var ment som en hjælpende hånd til andre.

Squizze

Fra : Epson

Dato : 13-06-05 14:38

> De rigtig billige er ikke på nettetEks Atlanta Sukumvit soi 2 350 Bath
> First Hotel til 900 Bath og Opera til 550Bath
> Hotel 22 til 350Bath
> og der er mange andre
> Mvh Steen

Hej Steen

Hvor ligger First Hotel, Opera og Hotel 22 ?

Fra : Steen Johansen

Dato : 13-06-05 16:15

"Epson" <ingen@mail.dk> skrev i en meddelelse

>> De rigtig billige er ikke på nettetEks Atlanta Sukumvit soi 2 350 Bath
>> First Hotel til 900 Bath og Opera til 550Bath
>> Hotel 22 til 350Bath
>> og der er mange andre
>> Mvh Steen
>
> Hej Steen
> http://www.bangkokbob.net/city_map.htm
> Hvor ligger First Hotel, Opera og Hotel 27 ?
Opera Hotel
16 Phetburi 11
http://www.bangkokbob.net/map/def_91011.htm

First Hotel
2 Soi Somprasong 1 Phetburi 11

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/first.html?OVRAW=first%20hotel%20bangkok&OVKEY=first%20hotel%20bangkok&OVMTC=standard

>250m fra Pantip Placa (Computer World)
>http://www.into-asia.com/bangkok/panthip/

First Hotel, Opera hotel First på hjørnet af soi 11 og Opera hotel 200 m
nede af soi 13 Jeg er fan af Opera Hotel
Hotel 27 er på Sukunvit road soi 22 (Jeg havde byttet om på 22 og 27) i
farten Hotel 27
Thai Bath er på vej op så det er en rigtig god ide at veksle nu;
http://www.forexvaluta.dk/
Det bedste i Bangkok: tur med "flodbussen" nedstrøm pris 12 bath til
endestationen og se forstaden med market
MvH Steen

Fra : Bent Jensen

Dato : 17-06-05 03:04

"Steen Johansen" wrote ...

> De rigtig billige er ikke på nettetEks Atlanta Sukumvit soi 2 350 Bath

Jeg tror, Atlanta er nedlagt som hotel og lavet om til lejligheder.
Jeg gik en tur ned ad Soi 2 for vel et halvt år siden. Jeg gik
smutvejen forbi Hotel Rajah (med Annies Massage) til Soi 4. Hotel
Rajah så enormt dødt ud. Der var ikke en turist at se i landskabet.

Bent

Fra : Steen Johansen

Dato : 17-06-05 16:51

"Bent Jensen" <kongaead@my-deja.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> "Steen Johansen" wrote ...
>
>> De rigtig billige er ikke på nettetEks Atlanta Sukumvit soi 2 350 Bath
>
> Jeg tror, Atlanta er nedlagt som hotel og lavet om til lejligheder.
> Jeg gik en tur ned ad Soi 2 for vel et halvt år siden. Jeg gik
> smutvejen forbi Hotel Rajah (med Annies Massage) til Soi 4. Hotel
> Rajah så enormt dødt ud. Der var ikke en turist at se i landskabet.
>
> Bent

I febuar i år var Atlanta ikke nedlagt
Mvh Steen

Fra : Steen Johansen

Dato : 17-06-05 18:48

"Bent Jensen" <kongaead@my-deja.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> "Steen Johansen" wrote ...
>
>> De rigtig billige er ikke på nettetEks Atlanta Sukumvit soi 2 350 Bath
>
> Jeg tror, Atlanta er nedlagt som hotel og lavet om til lejligheder.
> Bent

Bangkok's original hip hotel

Duncan Campbell revisits the Atlanta - an oasis of cool in the 70s and a
style classic today

Saturday April 9, 2005

This was a journey not only down Lane Number Two - the English translation
of the Thai, Soi 2 - but a trip down memory lane. I had last been in the
Atlanta Hotel in 1971 and had memories of it as a place that offered me room
on a sofa in reception because they were full up.
My memory was of a lone hotel at the end of a dusty road in the heart of
Bangkok. We were amazed at the luxury of it - a swimming pool! Running
water! - after months of travelling in India and Nepal. At night, people
hung around the pool, drank beer, smoked exotic cigarettes and planned their
journeys to Vientiane or Penang.
The street is now crammed with condominiums and outside the Atlanta is a
large sign declaring "Sex Tourists Not Welcome." The rules of the
establishment are spelled out clearly inside: "The Atlanta does not welcome
sex tourists, sex-pats, bar-girls, rent-boys or catamites. The Atlanta is
sleaze-free. No exception. No discussion. No apology."
Founded in 1952 by a German adventurer, pharmacologist, boatbuilder and
munitions-manufacturer, Dr Max Henn, the hotel has managed to preserve its
originality and, even more re markably, its low prices over the years. You
can stay here for less than £10 a night and be comfortable, clean and safe.
Dr Henn, an anti-Nazi, who left Germany in the 1930s, originally operated a
pharmaceutical factory there. He married a Thai aristocrat, Mukda, and
turned the building, at the request of American friends, into a hotel
catering to US army cartographers. A swish and fashionable restaurant with
white linen table-cloths and waiters in white ties followed. It had the
first hotel swimming pool in Thailand, which had originally been a snake pit
that Dr Henn used for the snakes whose venom he milked for his remedies.
By the Sixties, it was used by American military personnel preparing for the
war in Vietnam and US General Westmoreland was a guest. Later in that decade
it became a rest-and-recreation stop for GIs and then a stop-off point on
the Hippie Trail before becoming part of a different trail. Henn himself no
longer ran it on a day-to-day basis and he died in 2002.
When Charles Henn, Dr Max's son, who teaches at Birmingham Univerity,
re-visited the hotel in the Eighties he was shocked that it had been taken
over by "a rump of - mainly British, I'm afraid - lager louts", as his
friend, Charles Le Phoque, who handles publicity for the hotel, puts it. He
decided to reclaim the hotel. "Now we have mainly academics, writers and
families," said Le Phoque. "Scandinavians, Germans, Americans, some
British."
The reception area, where once I slept, is now the most photographed hotel
foyer in Bangkok because it has retained its period feel and black-and-white
chequered floor. There are a couple of large terrapin in a mud bath on the
way to the pool, named Archibald (after Cary Grant who was christened
Archibald Leach), and Doris (after Doris Day). Cabinets in the foyer are
crammed with books, both fiction and non-fiction, in which the Atlanta is
mentioned. There are no televisions in the rooms but there is a collection
of classic videos, a reading room for guests, a book exchange where you pick
up one book and leave one behind. The white table-cloths are gone but there
is the largest menu of Thai vegetarian food in the world - or so Le Phoque
believes.
· Duncan Campbell stayed at The Atlanta Hotel, Soi 2, Sukhumvit Road,
Bangkok. For reservations fax: +66-2 656 8123. Family suite for up to four
people from Baht 1,300 (£19).