Prepaid cards for visitors
Fra : Pino Paparone, Micro~

Dato : 20-07-04 06:48

Hi there,
first of all sorry for writing in English.

I'm going to stay for a month in Ebeltoft (European Film College) and want
to buy a prepaid card for GPRS.

I found the list of carriers in Denmark:
- DK TDK-MOBIL http://tdc.dk/
- SONOFON http://www.sonofon.dk/
- Telia DK http://www.telia.dk/
- Mobilix http://orange.dk/

but no one of them has an English page with commercial info.

Do I need a Danish social number to buy a prepaid card? Do you have
effordable GPRS flats there? For example here in Italy we have no-limit GPRS
for 20 euro per month; I'm looking for a similar tariff.

If this isn't the right place for the info I need, can you please point out
the right direction?

Thank you in advance, ciao

--
Pino Paparone
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Fra : Fischer

Dato : 20-07-04 07:19

Hi Pino

> I'm going to stay for a month in Ebeltoft (European Film College)
> and want to buy a prepaid card for GPRS.
> I found the list of carriers in Denmark:

You should look at:
http://www.cbb.dk/pqz/english.jsp
You can buy the SIM-card in some: 'Kvickly', 'Bilka', 'Føtex' or 'A-Z'.
You need to contact CBB to activate GPRS.

And please note that the rate on talking i much lower if you fill up on the
Internet than by "scratch" cards.

> Do I need a Danish social number to buy a prepaid card?

No.

> Do you have effordable GPRS flats there?

No, not with prepaid.
But CBB is fairly low: DKK 9,95 per Mb.

*Fischer
If you want to send me a mail, please remove the 2-digit number in the mail
address.

Fra : Pino Paparone, Micro~

Dato : 20-07-04 09:22

Fischer dixit:

> You should look at:
> http://www.cbb.dk/pqz/english.jsp
> You can buy the SIM-card in some: 'Kvickly', 'Bilka', 'Føtex' or
> 'A-Z'. You need to contact CBB to activate GPRS.

Are 'Kvickly', 'Bilka', 'Føtex' and 'A-Z' line options? Haven't find them on
the English page.

> And please note that the rate on talking i much lower if you fill up
> on the Internet than by "scratch" cards.

Ok, the same as here.

>> Do I need a Danish social number to buy a prepaid card?
>
> No.

Good!

>> Do you have effordable GPRS flats there?
>
> No, not with prepaid.
> But CBB is fairly low: DKK 9,95 per Mb.

Argh! I plan to send/receive several megas per day. It's a very pity paying
300-400 euro for just GPRS. Don't you have prepaid cards for Wi-Fi hotsposts
in Denmark?

Thank you again for replying, ciao

Fra : kelds99@yahoo.dk

Dato : 20-07-04 10:05

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:21:32 +0200, "Pino Paparone, Microsoft MVP -
Mobile Devices" <pinopaparoneNOSPAMPLZ@vodafone.it> wrote:

>Fischer dixit:
>
>> You should look at:
>> http://www.cbb.dk/pqz/english.jsp
>> You can buy the SIM-card in some: 'Kvickly', 'Bilka', 'Føtex' or
>> 'A-Z'. You need to contact CBB to activate GPRS.
>
>Are 'Kvickly', 'Bilka', 'Føtex' and 'A-Z' line options? Haven't find them on
>the English page.

They are all supermarkets - and you can find a Kvickly at Østeralle 16
in Ebeltoft

>Argh! I plan to send/receive several megas per day. It's a very pity paying
>300-400 euro for just GPRS. Don't you have prepaid cards for Wi-Fi hotsposts
>in Denmark?

The Statoil-gasstations i Ebeltoft (2) are TDC Wi-Fi hotspots. The
minimum contractperiod is three months, but at 33-35 euros a month it
would still be cheaper than GPRS.

KS

Fra : Flemming Lynggaard

Dato : 20-07-04 17:16

<pinopaparoneNOSPAMPLZ@vodafone.it> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> first of all sorry for writing in English.
>
> I'm going to stay for a month in Ebeltoft (European Film College) and want
> to buy a prepaid card for GPRS.

Are you going to live at the collegue or at a hotel or.. most hotels have
internet connected rooms... even dail up is cheaper in denmark than the GPRS
soloutions... its just too expensive here.. yet..

Br
Flemming

Fra : Pino Paparone, Micro~

Dato : 21-07-04 08:40

Flemming Lynggaard dixit:

> Are you going to live at the collegue or at a hotel

College. I'll have Internet access there but I would like to use my Qtek
2020 with full time Messenger and e-mails as I usually do in Italy with a
GPRS flat rate.

Thank you, ciao