OSX & IE problem(s)
Fra : phineas 

Dato : 24-05-03 18:17

hi everyone,

i got 2 Internet-Explorer-related problems for quite a while now, and
i'm curious if it's some specific conflict on my machine, or if others
are experiencing the same:

1.when i go to an URL in IE (IE 5.2.2, MacOSX 10.2.6, 384mb RAM on a PB
G3 500), switch to another application WHILE the site is still loading
(that's important!), then, when i switch back to IE, the window with the
site loading is gone - then i have to open a new window, and start
downloading the page again. sometimes switching 'away' from IE and then
switching back 2 or 3 times fixes the problem and the window re-appears,
but mostly it doesn't.

i've had this problem since i switched to OSX, which is almost 2 years
ago now, and it doesn't happen everytime i try to reproduce it... has
anyone noticed this before?

2. my second problem is nothing that serious, just that the tv program
i'm using almost daily, http://tv.tv2.dk, seems to be very buggy from
time to time, not loading properly or taking forever (even if other
sites load zip-fast, so it's not a connection thing...). i'm wondering
if that's mac-specific, or a general issue with the site?

thanx in advance

phineas

--
"You gotta take life by its tail, and yank it until it sqeals!"

Fra : René Frej Nielsen

Dato : 24-05-03 23:42

phineas <phineasNO@SPAMget2net.dk> wrote:

> i've had this problem since i switched to OSX, which is almost 2 years
> ago now, and it doesn't happen everytime i try to reproduce it... has
> anyone noticed this before?

I stopped using IE about half a year ago, but until then I don't recall
to have seen that problem. I have too been using OS X for two years now.

> 2. my second problem is nothing that serious, just that the tv program
> i'm using almost daily, http://tv.tv2.dk, seems to be very buggy from
> time to time, not loading properly or taking forever (even if other
> sites load zip-fast, so it's not a connection thing...). i'm wondering
> if that's mac-specific, or a general issue with the site?

I use that site too and it's quite slow here too, when compared to other
sites that I visit. It must be the script-code on the site that might
not work that fast on a Mac...

--
Mvh.
René Frej Nielsen

Fra : phineas 

Dato : 26-05-03 17:57

one important factor i forgot was that i'm using dragthing (4.5), and
it's set to 'hide automatically when switching' (dragthing users will
know what i mean). i noticed that when i turn this off, the
disappearing-window-problem doesn't seem to occur...

unfortunately i can't be sure, because as i mentioned earlier i cannot
reproduce the problem every time...

--
Phineas
PowerBook G3 500 (pismo)