Billeder med MacSOUP
Fra : Storm

Dato : 25-02-03 21:10

Har nørderne set den

<1fqvm4n.1oilz5oa8ol59N%stk@snafu.de>

Plukket fra comp.sys.mac.system:

__________

> > Is there a way to setup macSoup to open binaries?
>
> No.
>
> However, if you download a binary file, and then save it as a plain text
> file, you can then drop that file onto Stuffit Expander to convert it to
> the attachment format.

These days I usually use MacSOUP's new pipe feature to pipe the message
through munpack. I find this more convenient. I have this line in my
"MacSOUP Pipes" file:

r1 /sw/bin/munpack -C ~/Desktop/Attachments

munpack is available through fink (fink install mpack). The folder
Attachments on the Desktop must be created manually.

With this setup, you can decode attachments simply by typing
option-command-P, return. You can also select multiple messages in the
subject window and extract attachments from them all at once.

And finally, for the rare cases where munpack fails (e.g. for binhexed
files that were pasted into the message body, not MIME-encoded), I have
another pipe that "pipes" the message into StuffIt Expander. The line in
"MacSOUP Pipes" looks like this:

r1 ~/bin/expand-stdin

and the file ~/bin/expand-stdin looks like this:

#!/bin/sh

cat >/tmp/expand-stdin.$$.txt

osascript <<EOT
tell application "StuffIt Expander"
activate
Expand Posix File "/tmp/expand-stdin.$$.txt" ¬
Destination Posix File "$HOME/Desktop/Attachments" ¬
with Delete Original
quit
end tell
EOT

(Remember to make this file executable: chmod +x ~/bin/expand-stdin.)

--
Stefan Haller

--
Venlig hilsen