Susanne Kaasbøll
Fra : Christina

Dato : 04-10-02 00:07

Susanne Kaasbøll born about 1682 and died about 1719 married Christian
Hansen Friis. Their daughter Birgitte Catherine Friis way born about
1715 in Norway. Bigitte married Vicens Mortensen Helm. The Helm family
moved to Svendborg Amt, Denmark before 1800.

I have some information that says that Susanne Kaasbøl was the daughter
of Peder Kaasbøl and Milde Schøller. This information is suspect--I'm
not finding collaborating evidence. Does anyone have information on
Susanne Kaasbøl?

Thanks,

Christina

Fra : Per Nermo

Dato : 04-10-02 13:53

On Thu, 03 Oct 2002 16:06:46 -0700, Christina <fmlyhntr@sunset.net>
wrote:

>Susanne Kaasbøll born about 1682 and died about 1719 married Christian
>Hansen Friis. Their daughter Birgitte Catherine Friis way born about
>1715 in Norway. Bigitte married Vicens Mortensen Helm. The Helm family
>moved to Svendborg Amt, Denmark before 1800.
>I have some information that says that Susanne Kaasbøl was the daughter
>of Peder Kaasbøl and Milde Schøller. This information is suspect--I'm
>not finding collaborating evidence. Does anyone have information on
>Susanne Kaasbøl ?

I share your suspicion regarding Susanne's parents, but I've not
seen any alternatives. Her husband Christian (Christopher?) Friis
vas a customs officer i Kristiansund from 1718, and was a son of
Johan (Hans) Nilssen (Finne/Finde?) Friis (1640-1686) and
Margrethe Iversdatter Helt (dead 1694), as far as I know. She
was later married to merchant Erik Mosberg (1643-1717), who again
married Marit Christensdatter Mechlenborg (1672-1747).
There is some confusing information around these marriages, but above
is what I've been able to deduct so far.

Peter Kaasbøl and Mille Schøller were married 1674 and had children
Ellen, and Anna born 1681.

Comments are welcomed.

regards, Per nermo
nermo@online.no

Fra : Per Nermo

Dato : 10-10-02 11:35

On Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:52:39 GMT, Per Nermo <nermo@online.no> wrote:

>I share your suspicion regarding Susanne's parents, but I've not
>seen any alternatives. Her husband Christian (Christopher?) Friis
>vas a customs officer i Kristiansund from 1718, and was a son of
>Johan (Hans) Nilssen (Finne/Finde?) Friis (1640-1686) and
>Margrethe Iversdatter Helt (dead 1694), as far as I know.

I'm sorry, the parents I gave for Christian are
probably wrong ! Bodil Moum Børsting is said to give his father's name
as Hans Didrichsen, mother Zephora Thomasdatter Friis.

Per Nermo

Fra : Per Nermo

Dato : 09-10-02 10:01

Fra : U.Jantzen

Dato : 10-10-02 03:41

"Christina" <fmlyhntr@sunset.net> skrev i en meddelelse

> I have some information that says that Susanne Kaasbøl was the daughter
> of Peder Kaasbøl and Milde Schøller. This information is suspect--I'm
> not finding collaborating evidence. Does anyone have information on
> Susanne Kaasbøl?

In C.F.Bricka's Biografisk Lexicon, vol. V, p. 444, there is an article
about her son, rev. Nicolaus Christian Friis, 1714-1777, in which his mother
is stated the daughter of Kaasbøll/Schøller as you say. This article quotes
D. Thrap, "Bidrag til den norske Kirkes Historie i 19. Aarhundrede", vol II,
pp 215 as the source.

The article about Peder Kaasbøll (BL-IX-74) mentions that his widow [Milde
Schøller] and three daughters died from bubonic plague in Copenhagen 1711.

Neither Ellen (m. Troels H. Smith and my ancestor) nor Susanne was among
these, as Ellen died in 1748 and Susanne allegedly had the above son in
1714.

One plague victim was probably Johanne Marie, m. Oluf Nielsen Sletting, who
was buried 3 Dec 1711.

Another could perhaps be Anna, m. Ludvig Iversen Munthe, mother of Anders
Borch M. and Caspar Friederich M.

The third victim and fifth daughter is unknown to me so far.

Rgds, Ulrik J., Charl.

Fra : Carl Müller

Dato : 10-10-02 06:10

>Another could perhaps be Anna, m. Ludvig Iversen Munthe, mother of Anders
>Borch M. and Caspar Friederich M.
Hardly. According to the article by Lita Leistad in Norsk
slektshistorisk tidsskrift XXlX, 1984, p. 284 she died in 1751

>The third victim and fifth daughter is unknown to me so far.
There were 12 children in the marriage. You will find them in my
database according to Lita Leistad:
http://home.no.net/camu/starte.htm
Regards
Carl Müller

Fra : U.Jantzen

Dato : 11-10-02 02:29

"Carl Müller" <carl.muller@ioks.uio.no> skrev i en meddelelse

> >Another could perhaps be Anna, m. Ludvig Iversen Munthe, mother of Anders
> >Borch M. and Caspar Friederich M.

> Hardly. According to the article by Lita Leistad in Norsk
> slektshistorisk tidsskrift XXlX, 1984, p. 284 she died in 1751

Yes, well - that pretty much strikes her off the casualty list, I'd say.

> >The third victim and fifth daughter is unknown to me so far.
> There were 12 children in the marriage.

Does Lita Leistad confirm that Susanne m. Friis was a daughter of Peder
Kaasbøll and Milde Schøller? Christina and Per Nermo both seem to doubt
that, somehow.

> You will find them in my database according to Lita Leistad:
> http://home.no.net/camu/starte.htm

Interesting (and time consuming stuff - thanks for calling attention to
your site.

Rgds, Ulrik J., Charl.

Fra : Per Nermo

Dato : 11-10-02 15:30

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:28:43 +0200, "U.Jantzen" <uja@it.dk> wrote:

>Does Lita Leistad confirm that Susanne m. Friis was a daughter of Peder
>Kaasbøll and Milde Schøller? Christina and Per Nermo both seem to doubt
>that, somehow.

Ulrik, my doubt seems to have somehow vanished,
or, deminished, at least.
Per Nermo