Newsgroups mangler
Fra : Stig Holmberg

Dato : 16-12-00 13:59

Jeg er på tele dk´s newsserver og mangler en del grupper i forhold til da
jeg var på get2net, f.eks: alt.movies.kubrick.

Sunsites frie server har jo kun ganske få grupper i alt fald for
udenforstående.

Er der alternative frie servere?

Er det muligt at påvirke sin udbyder til at medtage bestemte grupper?

Synes det er meget upraktisk at alle ikke har adgang til den samme
information, det var jo netop idéen med det.

Stig

Fra : BARRY BOUWSMA IS A P~

Dato : 16-12-00 15:18

:: Jeg er på tele dk´s newsserver og mangler en del grupper i forhold til da
:: jeg var på get2net, f.eks: alt.movies.kubrick.

Hmmm, I'm not sure why this group is not present unless it was a hidden
binaries froup... In any case, this newsfroup is present on the test
swerver at news://193.162.153.124/alt.movies.kubrick

Among several other bugs that have been giving me headaches this past
week is a long-running bug in the updating of the newsfroups listing.
Because of this bug and the limited space on the machine you have been
reading from, I am no longer trying to keep the newsfroup list up-to-
date there (except for last night), but instead, I am trying to do all
newsfroup maintenance on the test machine, that does not suffer this
bug -- it has a couple other bugs that keep me from adding all the
recently-popular froups whose control messages I've missed. I'll work
on those bugs, if I ever catch up on sleep

:: Er det muligt at påvirke sin udbyder til at medtage bestemte grupper?

Note that with the exception of pr0n (especially good kinky pr0n), we
won't be adding new binaries froups to news.tele.dk -- you should be
able to find those on the test machine at 193.162.153.124. But if a
froup is not present on either machine, you should request it to be
added by a mail to the Newsgoons at <usenet@tdk.net> and if it's not a
vendor hierarchy and can be found in a valid list for that hierarchy,
it will probably be added.

But check 193.162.153.124 first. After yesterday, I'm ready to throw
the old machine from the roof into the mysterious new holes they've been
digging that should serve well as a news swerver graveyard.

Fra : Alex Bach Andersen

Dato : 16-12-00 16:34

I indlægget <meowbot-AutoPost-NUKE.PEDOPHILE.BARRY.BOUWSMA.FAST@netscum.dQ>
dateret 16 Dec, forfattede BARRY BOUWSMA IS A PERIPHERALLY PROFOUND PEDOPHILE!!!:

[snip]
> But check 193.162.153.124 first. After yesterday, I'm ready to throw
> the old machine from the roof into the mysterious new holes they've been
> digging that should serve well as a news swerver graveyard.

Er der nogen tidshorisont for hvornår det nye setup går på nettet?

--
Alex Bach Andersen, free-lance conductor UIN: 8285066
NodeSats/MusicTypesetting - Acorn RISC PC 600 - StrongARMed

Fra : Unwanted AnswerBot

Dato : 17-12-00 00:12

:: Er der nogen tidshorisont for hvornår det nye setup går på nettet?

i wouldn't be able to say anything about this, as i have nothing to do
with the new machine ...

Ihr Newsfroups-mangler

(except to be totally unable to use most of the purchased hardware, even
if they did want to keep me around to play with it... my guess would be
not until after i'm gone, since unlike me, most people have a life and
have Other Plans how to spend it these next two weeks...)

Fra : John Hinge

Dato : 16-12-00 17:06

"BARRY BOUWSMA IS A PERIPHERALLY PROFOUND PEDOPHILE!!!" wrote:

> But check 193.162.153.124 first. After yesterday, I'm ready to throw
> the old machine from the roof into the mysterious new holes they've been
> digging that should serve well as a news swerver graveyard.

Would that be the holes intended to serve as housing for the monster
generator ?, If so, then with the right timing, you can ensure that
nobody will ever dig out the remains and try to resurrect them :)
I doubt anyone will move the generator aGAIN just to get out a
slowaris machine back to life :)

--
John Hinge - shayera / .sPOOn.
On usenet I represent no one but myself.

Fra : Anonymous AnswerBot

Dato : 16-12-00 23:47

:: > the old machine from the roof into the mysterious new holes they've been

:: Would that be the holes intended to serve as housing for the monster
:: generator ?
:: I doubt anyone will move the generator aGAIN just to get out a

what is this, the third time they're moving the generator in a couple
years? has a dutch lorry driver been notified? i seem to recall that
the last move happened without incident, which appears to be wrong,
were the lorry drivers on strike then or did they hit the wrong power
substations by mistake?

Ihr Newsgroups-mangler

Fra : John Hinge

Dato : 17-12-00 13:34

Anonymous AnswerBot wrote:

> :: > the old machine from the roof into the mysterious new holes they've been
>
> :: Would that be the holes intended to serve as housing for the monster
> :: generator ?
> :: I doubt anyone will move the generator aGAIN just to get out a
>
> what is this, the third time they're moving the generator in a couple
> years? has a dutch lorry driver been notified? i seem to recall that
> the last move happened without incident, which appears to be wrong,
> were the lorry drivers on strike then or did they hit the wrong power
> substations by mistake?

I blame it on luck..

Apparantly (meaning I seem to remember having heard) we have to put
the generator inside it's own little building..
It's supposedly a demand from the 'kommune' or whatever.
Should lessen the sonic impact the few times the generator has to run,
so we won't even notice it :) As if the fact that all kvi^wkunde-
service callcenters go dark is not a kind of hint.

> Ihr Newsgroups-mangler
who will be missed..

Fra : PartyAnimal AnswerBo~

Dato : 17-12-00 16:27

[dig the biggest hole you can and throw a generator into it from atop
a tall-but-not-tall-enough building in an industrial zoned area]
:: It's supposedly a demand from the 'kommune' or whatever.
:: Should lessen the sonic impact the few times the generator has to run,

Heh. Good thing I didn't have the outdoor raves with music from Hessen
and such that I was planning, that nobody would have bothered to attend.
(grumble, the music they've had the last weekends has been awful compared
to what I heard over the summer but failed to record for later listening
and dancing, last night I just couldn't find *anything* good, combine that
with 1200g chocolate yesterday evening and you get a geeked-up but very
unhappy newsmangler)

You'd think that the outdoors alarm that I kept hearing overnight from
a nearby building would be more annoying...

:: > Ihr Newsgroups-mangler
:: who will be missed..

http://www.dhif.dk/paralym/idraetsgrene/Skydning.asp should help with that

Fra : John Hinge

Dato : 17-12-00 17:11

PartyAnimal AnswerBot wrote:

> Heh. Good thing I didn't have the outdoor raves with music from Hessen
> and such that I was planning, that nobody would have bothered to attend.

That's another thing I'm gonna miss..
I might actually have to investigate to find somewhere to get a live
feed of 'Radio FG' whenever i get real down..

> :: > Ihr Newsgroups-mangler
> :: who will be missed..
>
> http://www.dhif.dk/paralym/idraetsgrene/Skydning.asp should help with that

implication : people who miss their newsmangler == disabled (in brain)
Well I can live with that.

--
John Hinge - sidekick <a t> nntp.dk (fear.. someone)

Fra : Martin Edlich

Dato : 16-12-00 19:48

In article
<meowbot-AutoPost-NUKE.PEDOPHILE.BARRY.BOUWSMA.FAST@netscum.dQ>, BARRY
<pedophile@pedophile.pedophile> wrote:

> After yesterday, I'm ready to throw
> the old machine from the roof into the mysterious new holes they've been
> digging that should serve well as a news swerver graveyard.

That must count as a "Kodak moment" - can you hook up a webcam and
announce the event?

--
MVH
Martin Edlich

Fra : N/A

Dato : 16-12-00 23:37

Fra : Hr AnswerBot

Dato : 16-12-00 23:37

:: > won't be adding new binaries froups to news.tele.dk

make that new alt.binariez froups

:: es.binarios.economia.bolsa... hmm... kinky?

most regional hierarchies are on a separate filesystem that does not
take space away from alt.*, where the shortage of space is and that is
the cause of most of the recent problems. es.* is separate

Fra : Peter Alfredsen

Dato : 16-12-00 15:47

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:58:42 +0100, "Stig Holmberg"
<stig-holmberg@mail.tele.dk> wrote:

>Jeg er på tele dk´s newsserver og mangler en del grupper i forhold til da
>jeg var på get2net, f.eks: alt.movies.kubrick.
>
>Sunsites frie server har jo kun ganske få grupper i alt fald for
>udenforstående.
>
>Er der alternative frie servere?

Jep. Tjek gruppen alt.free.newsservers, som findes på news.inet.tele.dk.

>Er det muligt at påvirke sin udbyder til at medtage bestemte grupper?

Bestemt. Bare send en post til <URL:news:tele.internet.news-service>,
hvor du beder om at få de grupper du vil have, så skal de nok blive
tilføjet, så længe de ikke er kæmpe binaries grupper, da tele.dk's
newsserver er lidt overbelastet for tiden.

>Synes det er meget upraktisk at alle ikke har adgang til den samme
>information, det var jo netop idéen med det.

Nej. Idéen med usenet er at man skal føre de grupper, som man synes er
nyttige/som ens kunder vil have.

--
Peter Alfredsen (peteralf@fabel.dk) \####|PGP-key ID: 0x06E21B31
"We need killfiles that actually *kill*."\###|"... by God I *KNOW*