Opskrifter for Coca Cola freaks! ;-)
Fra : Peter W. Bosse

Dato : 22-04-02 06:07

Her er 17 samlede opskrifter for Coca Cola freaks, hentet fra
news:rec.food.recipes -Ku' ikk' la' vær' ...

Coca-Cola Roast Beef
Coca Cola Baked Ham
Coca-Cola Baked Beans
Coca-Cola Barbecue Sauce
Coca-Cola Cake
Coca-Cola Glazed Chicken Wings
Coke Cake
Coke Salad
Coca-Cola Carrot Cake
Cracker Barrel Coca-Cola. Cake
Coca-Cola Rump Roast
Dad's Barbecue Sauce
Korean Barbecue Short Ribs
Bing Cherry Jello Mold With Coca-Cola
Believe It Or Not Pork Chops
Pot Roast with Onions
Coca-Cola Cake
-----------------------

Coca-Cola Roast Beef:

1 3 to 4 lb. beef roast (sirloin tip, round, or boneless chuck)
1 can Coca-Cola
1 pkg. onion soup mix

Place unseasoned roast in baking pan. Sprinkle onion soup mix on top.
Pour on the Coca-Cola. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake in oven
at 300: 3 to 4 hours or until tender.
-oo-

Coca- Cola Baked Ham:

1 - 10 lb(approx.) semi-boneless ham
1 Tbsp dry mustard
6 cups Coca-Cola
2 Tbsp spicy brown prepared mustard
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 cups fine bread crumbs

Remove most of the outer fat and rind from ham. Place ham in a shallow
roasting pan. Pour coke over ham to about 1/2-inch depth in pan. Bake
at 350: for 2 to 3 hours, basting with the Coca-Cola several times.
Remove ham from the pan. Discard all ham drippings. Combine sugar, dry
mustard, prepared mustard, fine bread crumbs. Add enough Coca-cola to
form a thick paste. Place ham back in pan on a roasting rack. Spread
with the coca-cola paste. Pour remaining coke in the bottom of the
pan.
Bake 45 minutes longer at 350:, basting about every 20 minutes or
until ham has a dark glaze. Remove from oven and let stand 20 minutes
before slicing.
-oo-

Coca-Cola Baked Beans:

2 cans great northern beans - 16 oz.
1/2 can Coca~Cola
1/4 cup onion - diced
1/4 cup green bell pepper - diced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp prepared mustard
1/4 cup ketchup
6 strips bacon

Preparation - Saute 2 strips bacon with onion and green pepper until
lightly browned. Drain off fat, then stir in all other ingredients
except for the remaining bacon. Bring to a boil. Pour into a greased
casserole dish. Place remaining bacon strips on top. Bake at 325: for
45 to 50 minutes.
-oo-

Coca-Cola Barbecue Sauce:

1 cup Coca~Cola
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/4 cups ketchup
4 tsp. sugar
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over
medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, stirring often for 30
minutes. Use as you would any barbecue sauce, brushing onto meat or
chicken as it is grilled.
-oo-

Coca-Cola Cake:

1 cup Coca-cola
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 stick Margarine
3 Tbsp cocoa
2 cup sugar
2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

In saucepan, combine Coca-Cola, oil, margarine, and cocoa. Bring to a
boil, over medium heat, stirring constantly. In a large bowl, mix
together sugar, flour and salt. Add mixture from saucepan and beat
well. Add eggs, buttermilk, soda, and vanilla and beat well. Pour into
a greased and floured sheet cake pan.
Bake at 350: for 20-25 minutes.

Frosting:
1/2 cup margarine
3 Tbsp cocoa
6 Tbsp milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup pecans - chopped
1 lb.confectioners sugar

In a saucepan, combine the margarine, cocoa, and milk until the
margarine melts. Add the remaining ingredients and beat hard. Spread on
the cooled cake.
-oo-

Coca-Cola Glazed Chicken Wings:

3/4 cup Coca~Cola
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
1 small onion - chopped
10 chicken wings

In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients, except wings. Heat to
boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Bake
wings at 350: for 25 minutes. Pour sauce over wings & bake 10 minutes
longer at 375:.
-oo-

Coke Cake:

2 cup flour
2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup marshmallows
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup margarine
3 tablespoon cocoa
1 cup coca-cola
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs, beaten
----COKE FROSTING----
1/2 cup margarine
3 tablespoon cocoa
6 tablespoon coca-cola
1 lb powdered sugar
1 cup pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 13x9 pan.
Marshmallows may be chopped or miniature. Sift together flour and
sugar, stir in marshmallows and set aside. Bring to a boil, shortening,
margarine, cocoa and Coke. Remove from heat and pour over dry
ingredients.
Stir in buttermilk, baking soda and eggs. Do not beat this cake mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes or until done. Cool 30 minutes before frosting cake.
Coke Cake Frosting: Bring margarine, cocoa and Coke to a boil. Boil a
minute, remove from heat and gradually add sugar. Stir in pecans.
Yield: 8 servings
-oo-

Coke Salad:
Yields 6 Servings
From the Nancy's Kitchen Daily Newsletter

1 can crushed pineapple
1 can black cherries (dark-sweet)
1 small pkg black cherry Jello
8 oz cream cheese
2 cups Coke
1 cup pecans

Heat pineapple juice and cherry juice with Jello until dissolved. Cut
cream cheese in pieces and drop in and stir to melt some. Remove from
heat and add rest of ingredients. Put in dish and chill.
-oo-

Coca-Cola Carrot Cake:
from "andy.mich"
16 servings

2 cup flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cocoa
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup coca-cola
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup raw carrots, grated
1 cup nuts, chopped
1 cup coconut, flaked

3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cocoa
6 Tbsp coca-cola
6 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Beat the eggs well, add sugar,
oil, 3/4 cup cola, and vanilla and beat well. Stir in the dry
ingredients until smooth, then add the carrots, nuts and coconut. Mix
well.
Bake in a greased and lightly floured 13 x 9 pan in a preheated 350~F
oven for 40-50 minutes, until cake tests done. Remove from oven and
prick hot cake all over with a fork, then pour the cola syrup slowly,
evenly over the top.
Serve warm or room temperature with lightly sweetened-vanilla flavored
whipped cream. Combine sugar, cocoa, cola, butter and corn syrup in
saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil,
stirring, until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract.
Remove from heat and pour, hot, over hot cake.
-oo-

CRACKER BARREL COCA-COLA. CAKE:
from recipegoldmine.com

2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup Coca-Cola.
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350:F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Heat butter, cocoa and Coca-Cola.
to boil and pour over the flour mixture. Mix well. Add eggs, buttermilk,
vanilla extract and marshmallows and blend. The batter will be thin with
marshmallows floating on top. Bake for 45 minutes.

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3 Tbsp cocoa
6 Tbsp Coca-Cola.
1 box confectioners' sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Boil first three ingredients. Remove from the heat and blend in the
sugar and vanilla extract. Spread on warm cake. Yields 4 servings.
-oo-

Coca-Cola Rump Roast:
from Recipe Du Jour - Good Neighbor Recipes

Always tasty, it is the quintessential comfort food. It is best served
with mashed potatoes (use the sauce for gravy), cole slaw and a crusty
loaf of bread.

4 lb. rump roast (large enough that it will be carvable into slices
after cooking)
1 jar of chili sauce
1 envelope of Lipton onion soup mix
1 can of real Coca-Cola (the red can)
2 lb. bag of peeled, baby carrots

In a bowl mix together chili sauce, soup mix and cola. Place carrots on
the bottom of a tight fitting drip drop basting pan or cast aluminum
roasting pan with a tight fitting lid. Put the meat on top of the
carrots, then pour the sauce over the whole thing. *Make sure the lid is
on tight!*
Bake in a low (275 degree) oven for 6 hours, or overnight. Serve with
juices on the side for gravy.
-oo-

Dad's Barbecue Sauce:
from Greg Lenihan

Categories: Sauces
Yield: 1 servings

1 Bottle of Bulls Eye Barbecue sauce
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
6 oz Coca-cola
6 oz Beer
1/3 cup Catsup

Mix together, bring to a boil; now ready to use!
-oo-

Korean Barbecue Short Ribs:
from Heidi Chung

1 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Kiwi (peeled, minced and crushed)
1/2 Can of Coke
1 Bunch Of Green Onions (chopped)
5 Tablespoons of minced garlic ( ** the more the better)

Combine all ingredients and marinate overnight in the refrigerator. When
ready, let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
This recipe is for 10 pounds of short ribs. You can also use flap meat.
-oo-

Bing Cherry Jello Mold With Coca-Cola:
from allrecipes.com

1 (12 fluid ounce) can cola-flavored carbonated beverage
1 (16.5 ounce) can pitted Bing cherries
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 (6 ounce) package black cherry flavored gelatin mix
1 cup chopped pecans

Drain pineapple. Drain the cherries and save their juice. In a saucepan
combine the reserved cherry juice with the coke. Heat until boiling then
stir in the gelatin. Mix until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the
heat and stir in the drained pineapple, drained cherries and chopped
pecans.
Pour mixture into a mold sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray and
refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
Makes 8 - 10 servings
-oo-

Believe It Or Not Pork Chops:
Posted by Ginger at That Home Site's recipe exchange board
from Clayton Johnson

6-8 pork chops
1 cup ketchup
1 cup Coke

Brown chops & place in baking dish. Mix Coke & ketchup together & pour
over pork chops. Cover with foil. Bake in preheated 375F oven for 45
minutes.
-oo-

Pot Roast with Onions:
from Margo Messer

450*
serve 6-8 or more

Everyone loves this pot roast- quick for a roast and very easy. The meat
comes out so tender and the flavors are magnificent together. The recipe
which follows for Beef Pot Pie was adapted by use for me with leftovers
from this roast. Hope you all enjoy as much as we did! Margo

4 lb chuck roast
1 large (4") and 1 medium (3") onion, sliced and cut into quarters
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 lb baby carrots (whole)
4-5 potatoes, peeled and slice in half
2/3 can (12 oz) diet coke - about 8 oz coke
3-4 cup low-salt beef bouillon (from crystals)
1-2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
cast iron pot

I had about a 4 pound chuck roast, which I salted on both sides Placed
onions in bottom, sprinkled minced garlic on top, laid carrots on top of
that and potatoes on top of that. Then put roast on top of all. Baked 20
minutes, turned over and baked 20 more minutes. Added about 8 oz of diet
coke, low sodium beef bouillon and red wine vinegar and covered the
whole mess. Oh -I did use a cast iron pot - and except for the fact it
is so heavy to move around, it worked great. anyway, I checked it every
20 minutes for another hour, and then every 10 minutes for 30 minutes.
It was great - the best we've ever had (and I prided myself on my
roasts) and the leftovers - yum, yum, yum.

Adapted from recipe by Russ Parsons, the LA Times food editor and I
believe came from Wally Skaliz, Plate from Sur la table stores. anyway -
you use very HIGH heat to cook this and it cooks very quickly for a pot
roast - and yields the most tender, tastiest beef roast we have had in a
while (like forever!). and let me tell you about the leftovers - they
are terrific!
-oo-

Coca-Cola Cake:
from Johnson

1 cup Coca-Cola
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup oil
3 Tbsp cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. soda
2 beaten eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix Coca-Cola, butter, oil and cocoa and bring to a boil. Pour over
sugar, flour and marshmallows and mix well. Add buttermilk, soda, beaten
eggs and vanilla. Bake in greased and floured 9x13 inch pan 40-50
minutes at 350F.
Or bake in a greased and floured tube pan 50 minutes.

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
3 Tbsp cocoa
6 Tbsp Coca-Cola
1 pound confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup nuts, chopped

Boil butter, cocoa and coke, pour over confectioners sugar and mix well.
Add vanilla and nuts. Pour over cake as soon as you take it from the
oven. Let cool.

--
Mvh.
Peter W. Bosse

Man kan i "Le Gourmet", et gastronomisk blad fra 1858 af Charles
Monselet, (1825-1888), kendt gastronom, læse dette lyriske
digt: »Gastronomien giver åndsskønhed. Den tænder guldgnister i
vore øjnes fugtige himmel; den giver vore læber den varmeste koralfarve.
Den kaster vort hår tilbage; den får vore næsebor til at vejre på en
intelligent måde«... -Sikken et program at skulle leve op til!!

Fra : carl

Dato : 22-04-02 11:35

Kanon! Har faktisk gået og ledt efter noget tilsvarende!

Tak Peter!

Carl.

Fra : jesper

Dato : 22-04-02 18:38

"Peter W. Bosse" <peterw.bosse@worldonline.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> Her er 17 samlede opskrifter for Coca Cola freaks, hentet fra
> news:rec.food.recipes -Ku' ikk' la' vær' ...

Hvis nogen tester en opskrift vil jeg meget gerne høre resultatet

/Jesper