Hvor er dk.binaer blevet af ???
Fra : KN

Dato : 02-02-01 18:02

Jeg læser jævnligt indlæg i nyhedsgruppen "dk.binaer" på news.inet.tele.dk.
Da jeg klikkede ind
på den idag forsvandt den. Ved søgning i "nyhedsgrupper" ser det også ud som
om den er væk????? Er der nogen der kan forklare det??

Kim

Fra : Bjarke Andersen

Dato : 02-02-01 19:01

"KN" <knagel@post3.tele.dk> wrote in message
> Jeg læser jævnligt indlæg i nyhedsgruppen "dk.binaer" på
news.inet.tele.dk.
> Da jeg klikkede ind
> på den idag forsvandt den. Ved søgning i "nyhedsgrupper" ser det også ud
som
> om den er væk????? Er der nogen der kan forklare det??

De har sikkert fjernet den, grundet pladsmangel på den udslidte server. Som
dog ingen længe skulle blive udskiftet.

--
Bjarke Andersen
Wanna reply by email? Remove the spammer in address

Fra : Charlie Kvindeservic~

Dato : 02-02-01 19:19

:: Jeg læser jævnligt indlæg i nyhedsgruppen "dk.binaer" på news.inet.tele.dk.
:: Da jeg klikkede ind
:: på den idag forsvandt den. Ved søgning i "nyhedsgrupper" ser det også ud som
:: om den er væk????? Er der nogen der kan forklare det??

"We are removing newsgroups from TDC servers because we now have a better communication
vehicle provided by TDC Web Communities --including chat, message boards, email and Web
pages." a TDC A/S spokesman on why they are dropping Usenet.

You should be reading binariez and pr0n newsfroups from 193.162.153.117.
The machine at news.tele.dk has been unable to keep up with the news
feed and is dropping news articles on the way in. The only way to
solve this problem is for users to voluntarily choose to use this
other machine instead, until the news.tele.dk machine can be replaced.
The binaries newsfroups are the biggest load on news.tele.dk, so to
improve performance, access to these froups will be removed as needed
to maintain performance in other froups. The news.tele.dk machine is
long obsolete, and is only running until it can be replaced. The
process of replacement is taking far longer than was planned and is
unlikely to happen for a few months. The 193.162.153.117 machine is
available to make this transition less painful, but itself is having
serious problems, and I cannot guarantee that it will continue to run
after I escape to engage in extreme snowboarding down in the alps.

Users who had been using news://193.162.153.117/ this morning would
never have even noticed the hardware problem that caused news.tele.dk
to be unavailable to customers for half an hour this morning. Please
join the 2% to 5% of readers who have already made the switch, unless
it is too much of an inconvenience. Further crashes that are expected
to be seen over the weekend as usual on news.tele.dk cannot be fixed
immediately, as can any problems with news://193.162.153.117/

TDC A/S wishes to apologize to all who use its services.
Kvindeservice

Fra : Mikkel Breiler

Dato : 06-02-01 18:54

Charlie Kvindeservice <autocyberretributionmeowbot@plonk.invalid>
wrote:

> [...]

= nntp117.netscum.dk
hvorfor svarer den ikke?

-breiler

Fra : Knud Gert Ellentoft

Dato : 07-02-01 05:45

Tue, 06 Feb 2001 18:53:51 +0100, skrev Mikkel Breiler
<mibm@image.dk>:

>= nntp117.netscum.dk
> hvorfor svarer den ikke?

Den har været nede et par gange i tirsdag, bl.a. omkring det
tidspunkt, som du sendte indlægget.

med venlig hilsen
Knud
--
http://smedeparken.mobilixnet.dk - opdateret 31. januar 2001.
Bruger din udgave af Outlook Express Sv: i svar?

Fra : Charlie Cynic

Dato : 07-02-01 13:05

:: >news://193.162.153.117/
:: = nntp117.netscum.dk
:: hvorfor svarer den ikke?

Because you are connecting from a WOL address to port 119? Port 119 is
only open to the range of IP addresses assigned to TDC. Non-customers
should use either SSL access or access to port 143.

Because you have opened more than two connections? There is a limit of
two connections that is strictly enforced. It apparently requires some
newsreaders to be reconfigured, as they have a default of six or eight
connections or something. This gains you nothing except attracting the
attention of a surly sleep-deprived newsbastard. If you are seen to be
making more than two connections, a static route to your IP address that
directs all traffic to /dev/null is added to the routing tables. If you
make further connections from a different IP, the whole address range is
null-routed, depriving not only you, but anyone else from your ISP, of
access to this machine. Much of T-Online has suffered this because a few
people refused to open less than six connections in spite of a clear
announcement that their access would be revoked if this were ignored.
Remember, the newsbastards are unpleasant and has more tools to use
against you than your average user. (Certain participants here can put
the newsbastard to shame and he will readily apologize to you before you
make his fiber go dark or set off the halon when he's on the console or
revoke his access during the worst winter storm. You know who you are.)

Because you are using an abusive newsreader, and gotten the same null-
routing treatment? The TDC newsbastard team is trying to identify these
poorly-written newsreaders to see if it's possible to do something, but
if a non-customer attracts my attention, you can expect a surprise pop-
up window to appear soon after, with a memorable error message.

Those are the only problems I know of, I see plenty of readers (about
10% of the readership of news.tele.dk), and a much lower load on the
news.tele.dk machine so that not only are the backlogs almost cleared out
so news.tele.dk will have halfway-decent performance in binariez froups
for those who have not made the recommended switch, and operation should
stabilize at long last and normal access to most readers has been restored.
There may be slowdowns in peak evening hours that will cause me to try
to force a further voluntary reader migration, but the worst seems to
be past (until the next major crash, probably later tonight again)

If you still see problems, check how many connections your newsreader is
trying to make. Customers have a slightly higher limit that is enforced
by software, and a failure message is returned for connections above
this that your reader may present as a failure to you. Users behind
company firewalls sharing connections with other readers may hit this
limit on port 119, as I see many luser employees here are seeing (they
could probably take a hint and fix their readers, but one of the many
requirements for working behind the corporate firewall is to turn in
all remaining intelligence when clocking in for work).

If that still doesn't work, you may be on a newly added address range
that the machine does not recognize as belonging to customers, which
will return an error. Note that non-customers attempting repeated
connections to port 119 of this machine will also be observed and will
cause much unhappiness to an already ulcer-afflicted newsbastard who
will attempt to take out his misery by adding you to the blackholed
list of IPs that can't access this machine at all.

Thank you for your patronage. There are still known problems ahead of
this machine that cause some articles (about 40GB/day, ~30 000 posts)
to be lost, that we hope to fix Real Soon Now[tm]. This machine is
long-since obsolete, and has problems keeping up during the afternoon,
but this should not be a fatal problem. As it's seeing 1/10 the reader

Fra : KN

Dato : 02-02-01 21:48

Tak. Problemet er løst ved at tilføje "news.tele.dk" samt "sunsite.auc.dk"
til mine konti.
Kim

KN <knagel@post3.tele.dk> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:95ep72$klo$1@news.inet.tele.dk...