Fra : Per Erik Ronne

Dato : 13-01-02 11:16

------- Begin Forwarded Message -------

Subject: Re: VPC 5.0 upgrade -- worth it?
From: Dark Watcher <darkwatcher@mail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 04:52:54 GMT

The magic trick in making VPC5 talk fast on X is to install it as 'root'
not
your user account.. this changes the way the 'nice' system calls the app
when launched. If a user executes an app on unix its a lower priority
than
if the 'root'/god account fires off something. Install as root, then
your
good. There are also some networking issues that Connectix says are
impossible.., if you install as root you can still run unique ip
addresses
and have access to any network you want. If you install as 'joeuser'
you
can only access protocols in a limited capacity. I like the extended
ability tha 5 has, it has better support for other OS's like Linux, BSD,
and
Solaris that only semi worked in 4.

-------- End Forwarded Message --------

--
Per Erik Rønne
Frederikssundsvej 308B, DK-2700 Brønshøj, DENMARK, EUROPEAN UNION

Fra : René Frej Nielsen

Dato : 13-01-02 13:28

Per Erik Ronne <serse@diku.dk> wrote:

> [...]

Ja, hvis nogen vil gøre forsøget, så vil jeg gerne høre resultatet

--
Mvh.
René Frej Nielsen