Tarzan Mama Mia
Fra : mydarkstar

Dato : 28-12-00 19:46

Hello!:) I really like the Kim Larsen song called 'Tarzen Mama Mia' hehe
(don't laugh) and want to know what the film 'Mig Og Mama Mia' is about? Is
it a childrens film? haha I dunno and also can anyone name me some Danish
films that you think every American video store probably has? I have never
seen a Danish film at the store. :o/ But I want to see just one even if it's
no good. Believe me I have seen a lot of bad foreign films and very few good
ones. For some reason America gets absolutely nothing from Denmark hehe
sniff. We have Danish Ham and Legos (yay) and that's it. :o/ Oh wait at my
school in the snack machine there was something called Danish Butter Cookies
and Danish Blueberry Cheesecake? Ok yeah now that's it! At least that I know
of. Okay okay thanks! :)

Michelle
--
Imagine a war which everyone won

Fra : Ralph

Dato : 28-12-00 23:16

and want to know what the film 'Mig Og Mama Mia' is about? Is
> it a childrens film?

Yes, it´s a childrens film about a girl who lives in a small appartment in
Copenhagen, she wins a horse (called Mama Mia), and because she has no place
for it it lives at 2nd floor in the app. with her and her familiy.

> and also can anyone name me some Danish
> films that you think every American video store probably has?

Dancer in the dark, Babettes Feast, Night Watch. And I know that the
handheld film with no special effects what so ever "Festen" is available,
but proberly not in every VCR store

> For some reason America gets absolutely nothing from Denmark hehe

Where do you think "danish" (bread) comes from? Bacon, B&O, Victor Borge
(recently dead, I`m afraid) H.C. Andersen (ferrytale(spelled wrong?) writer
from 1800 century)

> and Danish Blueberry Cheesecake?

I´ve never tasted that?

Regards
Ralph

Fra : mydarkstar

Dato : 28-12-00 23:49

"Ralph" <rwr@post6.tele.dk> wrote in message
> and want to know what the film 'Mig Og Mama Mia' is about? Is
> > it a childrens film?
>
> Yes, it´s a childrens film about a girl who lives in a small appartment in
> Copenhagen, she wins a horse (called Mama Mia), and because she has no
place
> for it it lives at 2nd floor in the app. with her and her familiy.

aww hehe :)

> > and also can anyone name me some Danish
> > films that you think every American video store probably has?
>
> Dancer in the dark,

That is an Icelandic Film isn't it? Starring Bjork.

Babettes Feast, Night Watch.

What is the Danish title? I have seen the one with Ewan, but I wanna see the
Danish version.

And I know that the
> handheld film with no special effects what so ever "Festen" is available,
> but proberly not in every VCR store

Okay thanks for the recommendations.

> > For some reason America gets absolutely nothing from Denmark hehe
>
> Where do you think "danish" (bread) comes from?

LOL there is Danish bread? Not at my grocery store. Okay I'll look out for
it. But yeah I'm not blind if it's called 'Danish' ....then I think I would
figure that one out.

Bacon, B&O, Victor Borge
> (recently dead, I`m afraid) H.C. Andersen (ferrytale(spelled wrong?)

fairytale :)

writer
> from 1800 century)

Yes I know, I know I missed a lot. But I wasn't speaking about people, just
objects, food. :)

> > and Danish Blueberry Cheesecake?
>
> I´ve never tasted that?

Neither have I. :)

Michelle
--
The snow might fall and write the lines on the silent page

Fra : Adam Sjøgren

Dato : 29-12-00 01:16

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:48:31 -0600, mydarkstar wrote:

>> Dancer in the dark,

> That is an Icelandic Film isn't it? Starring Bjork.

That depends on how you define what nationality a film is. The
director and writer, Lars von Trier, is Danish and so is the company,
Zentropa.

It was shot in Sweden by a German cinematographer, Björk is from
Iceland, Ms. Deneuve is French - and they speak English...

I'd call it Danish...
(<http://uk.imdb.com/Title?0168629>)

>> Where do you think "danish" (bread) comes from?

> LOL there is Danish bread? Not at my grocery store.

I think he meant "Danish pastry"?!

Best wishes,

--
"I do not believe we've put a guilty ... I mean Adam Sjøgren
innocent person to death in the state of Texas." asjo@koldfront.dk

Fra : Peter Brandt Nielsen

Dato : 12-01-01 00:28

"Adam Sjøgren"
> > LOL there is Danish bread? Not at my grocery store.
>
> I think he meant "Danish pastry"?!

But please note that American Danish Pastry is not quite the same as Danish Danish Pastry (in Danish called wienerbrød). The Danish
Danish Pastry is sugarish delicious pastry that we often eat with coffee or something.

--
Peter Brandt Nielsen
brandt@etklikherfra.dk

Fra : Lars Kim Lund

Dato : 12-01-01 00:35

Hej "Peter Brandt Nielsen" <brandt@etklikherfra.dk>

>But please note that American Danish Pastry is not quite the same as Danish Danish Pastry
>(in Danish called wienerbrød).

And wienerbrød = bread from Vienna

Quite funny, what is amerian danish pastry btw?

--
Lars Kim Lund
http://www.net-faq.dk/

Fra : Peter Brandt Nielsen

Dato : 12-01-01 00:41

"Lars Kim Lund"
> Quite funny, what is amerian danish pastry btw?

My impression is that it's more of a lunch thing with something in
it... or something... Is that right, Michelle?

Fra : Uffe Holst

Dato : 29-12-00 01:57

In an article of 27 Dec 2000 mydarkstar wrote:

> > Dancer in the dark,
>
> That is an Icelandic Film isn't it? Starring Bjork.

It is a Danish movie made by Lars von Trier, but is indeed starring Björk
who is from Iceland -- and Catherine Deneuve who is French, and Udo Kier
who is German and a lot of other nationalities. It is definitely a movie
worth watching. And Björk's soundtrack (called "Selmasongs") is also a
very good buy (at least if you like Björk).

> Babettes Feast, Night Watch.
>
> What is the Danish title? I have seen the one with Ewan, but I wanna see the
> Danish version.

"Nattevagten" -- I haven't seen the US version, but in general people say
that the original version is much better. Well, I guess Danes are a bit
biased towards the original

> And I know that the
> > handheld film with no special effects what so ever "Festen" is available,
> > but proberly not in every VCR store
>
> Okay thanks for the recommendations.

"Festen" is as far as I know called "The Celebration" in English.

Lars von Trier, the director of "Dancer in the Dark", is definitely worth a
closer look. He has made some fantastic movies (and one awful, "Idioterne"
(or "The Idiots" in English) -- stay away from this one). You probably
know "Breaking the Waves" (1995 or so) which is a fantastic movie, "Europa"
(1990), and "Forbrydelsens element" ("The Element of Crime") (1985). All
very good. Well, one movie in five years doesn't seem to be very much, so
he has perhaps made something less notable inbetween or something that I
have forgotten.

Another well-known Danish director is Bille August. He has made "Smilla's
Sence of Snow", "Les Miserables", "Jerusalem", "House of the Spirits"
(based on Isabel Allende's novel), "Pelle erobreren" ("Pelle the Conqueror"
in English. I think the latter was the movie that got him international
recognition. Even earlier he made some youth movies which was (is?) very
popular in Denmark, "Tro, håb og kærlighed" and "Zappa" are probably the
two most well-known (don't know if they have an English title).

Gabriel Axel is yet another well-known Danish director. He has worked a
lot in France. I think most well-known is "Barbettes gæstebud" ("Babette's
Feast") which was mentioned earlier. He has also made one (in my opinion)
fantastic TV series about France in the middle ages called "The Pillows of
Heaven" (don't know if that is the English title, it is a direct
translation of the Danish "Himlens søjler". It was a French TV series, so
it must have an original French title).

Yet another Danish director is Søren Kragh-Jakobsen. He as made "Mifunes
sidste sang" ("Mifune's Last Song"), "Øen i fuglegaden" ("The Island on
Bird Street"), "Drengene fra Sankt Petri" ("The Boys from St. Petri"),
"Skyggen af Emma" ("Emma's Shadow") and a lot of other stuff.

I guess these are the most well-known Danish directors.

And who directed "Out of Africa"? I am not sure it was directed by a
Danish director, but it was at least based upon Karen Blixen's
autobiography about her life in Africa -- and she is a Danish author

--
Uffe Holst

Fra : mydarkstar

Dato : 29-12-00 08:04

Wow! :) Thanks so much for the list of movies, I really appreciate it. I
wrote them all down hehe. And I appreciate everyone else for helping me with
some info, thanks in advance. And none of you mentioned Baby Doom? With
Henrik from Gangway doing the soundtrack? hehe well maybe that one will
never be released in the States? Darn! :) Thanks again lalala

Michelle
--
We could run away dear to a place where no one could find us
so let´s run away now and leave this empty world behind us

Fra : Adam Sjøgren

Dato : 29-12-00 00:01

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 23:15:30 +0100, Ralph wrote:

>> For some reason America gets absolutely nothing from Denmark hehe

> Where do you think "danish" (bread) comes from?

I'm pretty sure that the Americans aren't flying it in from Denmark

Best wishes,

--
"Oh it's a, sort of a horror cowboy movie. Adam Sjøgren
Takes place on the New York Thruway." asjo@koldfront.dk

Fra : N/A

Dato : 28-12-00 23:54

Fra : N/A

Dato : 28-12-00 23:54

Fra : Brian

Dato : 28-12-00 23:54

Ok i will not answer in the future on mails here, becourse as you say, "i
dont know what the hell im talking about"

Thank you..

Brian.

"Mikael Strøm Eriksen" <mier@mail1.stofanet.dk> wrote in message
> Dear Brian
>
> If you are going to tell US citizens about Gasolin', maybe you should
learn
> a little bit more yourself.
>
> First of all - Gasolin' was not started over 40 (?) years ago. If they
did,
> they should have been pre Beatles!!! They were started in the late
sixties,
> and they didn't play "real 60 rock" as you prefer to call it! They played
> ROCK music with danish lyrics, and thats what made them so populare.
>
> Please - in the future - if you don't know what the hell you are talking
> about - don't answer this news group.
>
> /mikael eriksen
>

> Brian <houge@image.dk> skrev i en
> nyhedsmeddelelse:92g4pc$12og$1@news.cybercity.dk...
> > Hi Michelle.
> >
> > For mr its funny to hear from other countrys, that like danish movies.
The

Fra : mydarkstar

Dato : 29-12-00 03:19

"Brian" <houge@image.dk> wrote in message
> Ok i will not answer in the future on mails here, becourse as you say, "i
> dont know what the hell im talking about"

No Brian come back come back hehe I don't mind you speaking in here, you
seem nice! :)

> Thank you..

Ah don't leave because of one person, silly! Stay...don't go! hehe

Michelle
--
The snow might fall and write the lines on the silent page

Fra : Uffe Christensen

Dato : 29-12-00 13:01

Mikael Strøm Eriksen,
Fordi en udlænding poster til denne liste, så er der sgu' da ingen grund til
at være ubehøvlet. Sær opførsel.

and to Brian:
Just keep on writing if you have any comments on Danish music or if you have
any questions.

UffeC

Fra : N/A

Dato : 29-12-00 00:09

Fra : mydarkstar

Dato : 29-12-00 00:09

> "Brian" <houge@image.dk> wrote in message
> Hello Brian!
>
> > For mr its funny to hear from other countrys, that like danish movies.
The
> > movie called" Night watch" was first made in Denmark, and was writen in
> > Denmark, the US version is only a copy. Let me first hear if you
> understand
> > any danish, becourse i gess its hard to pick out a danish movie to you,
if
> > you dont understand the launge.

Oh, forgot to answer your question. No, I can't understand the Danish
language! Hasn't stopped me so far though hehe

Michelle
--
The snow might fall and write the lines on the silent page

Fra : Adam Sjøgren

Dato : 29-12-00 01:08

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:01:07 -0600, mydarkstar wrote:

> Haha ok..so what is the Danish title of Pusher?

It's called "Pusher" in Danish
(<http://uk.imdb.com/Title?0117407>)

"Nighwatch" is "Nattevagten" in Danish (<http://uk.imdb.com/Title?0110631>),
and "Babettes Feast" is called "Babettes Gæstebud"
(<http://uk.imdb.com/Title?0092603>).

(I think that "Babettes Gæstebud" sucks, but that's just my opinion (I
think it won an Oscar as best foreign film, so...) )

Mvh.

--
"Philosophy - is talk on a cereal box" Adam Sjøgren
asjo@koldfront.dk

Fra : Peter Brandt Nielsen

Dato : 12-01-01 00:28

"Adam Sjøgren"
> (I think that "Babettes Gæstebud" sucks, but that's just my opinion (I
> think it won an Oscar as best foreign film, so...) )

And so did Bille Augusts "Pelle Erobreren" which would therefore be a
good choice for a Danish-language movie available in the US. But, of
course, von Trier's "Dancer..." won at the Cannes festival, so tough choice.

Fra : N/A

Dato : 29-12-00 02:30

Fra : mydarkstar

Dato : 29-12-00 02:30

> Dear Brian
>
> If you are going to tell US citizens about Gasolin', maybe you should
learn
> a little bit more yourself.
>
> First of all - Gasolin' was not started over 40 (?) years ago. If they
did,
> they should have been pre Beatles!!! They were started in the late
sixties,
> and they didn't play "real 60 rock" as you prefer to call it! They played
> ROCK music with danish lyrics, and thats what made them so populare.
>
> Please - in the future - if you don't know what the hell you are talking
> about - don't answer this news group.

Hey hey hey Mikael that's not very nice. :) It's okay, I appreciate Brian
responding to my mail, not everyone is perfect, sometimes I can exaggerate a
little too hehe. So yeah erm...Brian...I don't mind you posting in here.
And I appreciate your help with the films! :)

Michelle
--
The snow might fall and write the lines on the silent page

Fra : Peter Brandt Nielsen

Dato : 12-01-01 00:28

"mydarkstar"

>Oh wait at my
> school in the snack machine there was something called Danish Butter Cookies
> and Danish Blueberry Cheesecake? Ok yeah now that's it!

We might make butter cookies, but BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE?? I object,
your honour! Don't believe everything you read.