Jeg har haft et problem i 30 år.
Fra : Arne Kjær

Dato : 25-09-01 10:10

I starten af 60erne så jeg en engelsk film (Saturday Night And Sunday
Morning), i denne film er der en scene fra et dansested hvor en gruppe med
en ung mandlig forsanger spiller en iørefaldende popsang, jeg kan stadig
huske melodien men kan ikke huske teksten eller hvem som sang. Er der nogen
som kan hjælpe ?

Fra : Flying Hotdogs

Dato : 25-09-01 12:20

"Arne Kjær" <akcon@vip.cybercity.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> I starten af 60erne så jeg en engelsk film (Saturday Night And Sunday
> Morning),

Hej Arne
Musikken er skrevet af John Dankworth og den gang spillet af medlemmer fra
hans orkester "Johnny Dankworth Orchestra"

..........fandt nedenstående...håber det kan hjælpe dig lidt på vej

Fra http://www.lib.unc.edu/house/nonprint/britishfilmr-z.htm

SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING. 1960. 89 minutes. Social Drama.
British Cinema. British Literature. Novels into Film. Directed by Karel
Reisz. Arthur, a young factory worker in Britain has an inner rage about
how routine the lives of the men he works with (including his own dad) who
have allowed themselves to become nothing more than cogs in the social
wheel. Arthur obtains his release by indulging in bouts of heavy drinking
and having affairs with married women. When a pretty girl from the factory
catches his eye, Arthur finds that he may be drawn into the very kind of
existence he abhors. Albert Finney is excellent as a loutish young man
whose primary struggle is against a world that threatens to consume him
whole as it has every other working class man and woman in Britain.
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning was one of the many social dramas out of
Britain in the late '50s and early '60s that introduced "the angry young
man" of Britain to an international audience. Playwrights and novelists
like John Osborne, Shelagh Delaney and Alan Sillitoe provided the source
materials for films like A Taste of Honey, The Entertainer, Loneliness of
the Long Distance Runner, Billy Liar and This Sporting Life, films made by a
new cadre of British directors like Tony Richardson, Jack Clayton, and
Lindsay Anderson who emerged from the British and National Film Institutes'
Free Cinema movement. Saturday Night and Sunday Morning is one of the finer
of these films. Beautifully shot in black and white by Freddie Francis, the
films has a richly textured reality. There is not quick fix for Arthur's
plight nor any effort to sentimentalize what his future might become. The
cast is faultless and includes: Shirley Anne Field as Doreen, Rachel
Roberts as Brenda, Hylda Baker as Aunt Ada, Norman Rossington as Bert, Bryan
Pringle as Jack, Robert Cawdron as Robboe, Edna Morris as Mrs. Bull, Elsie
Wagstaffe as Mrs. Seaton and Frank Pettitt as Mr. Seaton. Screenplay by
Alan Sillitoe based on his novel. Produced Tony Richardson. Executive
Producer, Harry Saltzman. Photographed by Freddie Francis. Music by Johnny
Dankworth, played by members of the Johnny Dankworth Orchestra. Special
lyrics by David Dearlove.

--
Anette & Søren Faarborg
The Flying Hotdogs: Ikke så meget snak - bare god musik

Fra : Arne Kjær

Dato : 25-09-01 15:06

Flying Hotdogs <info@flyingotdogs.dk> skrev i en

> "Arne Kjær" <akcon@vip.cybercity.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> > I starten af 60erne så jeg en engelsk film (Saturday Night And Sunday
> > Morning),
>
> Hej Arne
> Musikken er skrevet af John Dankworth og den gang spillet af medlemmer fra
> hans orkester "Johnny Dankworth Orchestra"

Tak for hjælpen, men jeg har prøver at lede under Dankworth uden den helt
store succes. Men man kan stadig købe filmen på video i England, så det er
nok løsningen.

Fra : lottchen

Dato : 25-09-01 22:12

Hej Arne

Ved ikke om du kan bruge nedenstående, men
det er forskellige artikler fundet med forskellige
søgeord.

mvh

Walker

Lidt bio fra http://davidksmith.com/avengers/music_dankworth.htm

He reached his zenith in the 50s after forming the band The Johnny Dankworth
Seven (later called The Dankworth Big Band), comprising himself (saxophone),
Jimmy Deuchar (trumpet) Eddie Harvey (trombone) Don Rendell (tenor sax) Tony
Kinsey (drums) Bill le Sage (piano) and Eric Dawson (bass). The Seven was
booked by Les Perrin, who became their press agent and later served clients
including Frank Sinatra and the Rolling Stones. His work on The Avengers,
which began in 1961, covered the David Keel and Cathy Gale eras.

Uddrag fra http://www.quarternotes.com/johnbio.htm

In 1958, director Karl Reisz engaged Dankworth to compose his first film
score, commencing a flourishing career in that area which included scores
for The Criminal, Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, The Servant, Darling,
Accident, Morgan, Return From The Ashes and Modesty Blaise. During this
time, Dankworth also served as Musical Director for the British visits of
Nat "King" Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, Sophie Tucker and Oscar Peterson.

Dankworth laver musik med sin kone på 40. år.
http://www.numag.neu.edu/9703/Previews397.html

SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING, with it's mix of contemporary alienation,
a fantastic jazz score, and a realistic atmosphere, resonates with Finney's
charm and unexplainable rage at the world.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/movie-1073013/about.php

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

http://www.radiojazz.dk

Danmarks bedste jazzradio

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Arne Kjær <akcon@vip.cybercity.dk> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:9oq36h$10mv$1@news.cybercity.dk...

Fra : Poul Erik Dyreborg

Dato : 26-09-01 19:33

klippe klippe klippe...> Flying Hotdogs <info@flyingotdogs.dk> skrev i en
> Tak for hjælpen, men jeg har prøver at lede under Dankworth uden den helt
> store succes. Men man kan stadig købe filmen på video i England, så det er
> nok løsningen.

Her kan man se noget omkring hans musik produktion...
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Buvsxlfae5cqe