SheepShaver setup
Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 08-11-07 10:40

I am now trying to setup the newest version of SheepShaver but sofar
unsuccessful.

On the net there is a distinction between 'new world' and 'old world'
PPC Macs. If it is a 'new world' Mac there should be a file in the
system folder with the Mac ROM. And on my G4/867 Tiger system folder I
find the file 'Mac OS ROM'. Is that the file?

I then try to let the SheepShaver run. The application immediately quits
but in SheepShaver GUI you get a window that lets you customize the
application. Unfortunately, there's no option for localizing the ROM
image file ...

So I don't even know whether it is the correct file I have found or
whether it has been placed in the correct place. Until now, in the same
folder at the abonve mentioned application.

On the www, I have so far been unable to find any documentation on how
to set it up. It happens to be the only way to run Classic applications
from Leopard, and the only way ro run Classic applications from an Intel
Mac. I'm trying both simultanously, using both my G4/867 running Leopard
Server, at my MacBook running Leopard.

FUT comp.sys.mac.apps

{And Danes who prefer answering in Danish may redirect the FUT to
dk.edb.mac}.
--
Per Erik Rønne
http://www.RQNNE.dk

Fra : Esben

Dato : 08-11-07 22:02

Per Rønne <per@RQNNE.invalid> wrote:

> I am now trying to setup the newest version of SheepShaver but sofar
> unsuccessful.
>
> On the net there is a distinction between 'new world' and 'old world'
> PPC Macs. If it is a 'new world' Mac there should be a file in the
> system folder with the Mac ROM. And on my G4/867 Tiger system folder I
> find the file 'Mac OS ROM'. Is that the file?
>
> I then try to let the SheepShaver run. The application immediately quits
> but in SheepShaver GUI you get a window that lets you customize the
> application. Unfortunately, there's no option for localizing the ROM
> image file ...
>
> So I don't even know whether it is the correct file I have found or
> whether it has been placed in the correct place. Until now, in the same
> folder at the abonve mentioned application.
>
> On the www, I have so far been unable to find any documentation on how
> to set it up. It happens to be the only way to run Classic applications
> from Leopard, and the only way ro run Classic applications from an Intel
> Mac. I'm trying both simultanously, using both my G4/867 running Leopard
> Server, at my MacBook running Leopard.
>
> FUT comp.sys.mac.apps
>
> {And Danes who prefer answering in Danish may redirect the FUT to
> dk.edb.mac}.

Prøv Classic-on-Intel 4.0.1, den siges at være bedre.

Smid mig et en mail for mere info

vh esben

dbareudeladmig@get2net.dk
udelad udelad

Fra : Esben

Dato : 12-11-07 01:07

Esben <esha@nospamget2net.dk> wrote:

> Per Rønne <per@RQNNE.invalid> wrote:
>
> > I am now trying to setup the newest version of SheepShaver but sofar
> > unsuccessful.
> >
> > On the net there is a distinction between 'new world' and 'old world'
> > PPC Macs. If it is a 'new world' Mac there should be a file in the
> > system folder with the Mac ROM. And on my G4/867 Tiger system folder I
> > find the file 'Mac OS ROM'. Is that the file?
> >
> > I then try to let the SheepShaver run. The application immediately quits
> > but in SheepShaver GUI you get a window that lets you customize the
> > application. Unfortunately, there's no option for localizing the ROM
> > image file ...
> >
> > So I don't even know whether it is the correct file I have found or
> > whether it has been placed in the correct place. Until now, in the same
> > folder at the abonve mentioned application.
> >
> > On the www, I have so far been unable to find any documentation on how
> > to set it up. It happens to be the only way to run Classic applications
> > from Leopard, and the only way ro run Classic applications from an Intel
> > Mac. I'm trying both simultanously, using both my G4/867 running Leopard
> > Server, at my MacBook running Leopard.
> >
> > FUT comp.sys.mac.apps
> >
> > {And Danes who prefer answering in Danish may redirect the FUT to
> > dk.edb.mac}.
>
> Prøv Classic-on-Intel 4.0.1, den siges at være bedre.

Det viste sig at være en tilpasset version af Sheepshaver og bortset fra
at den kan dø helt, er den nærmest hurtigere og bedre end Classic var
(for mig) undtagen at filerne skal over "Shared" og kommer ud uden .xxx
endelse af en eller anden grund.

Den får dog også blæseren til at gå totalt amok på min nyerhvervede MBP
C2D, menhar ikke brug for at arbejde længere tid i classic..

vh esben

dbareudeladmig@get2net.dk
udelad udelad