Annoying Salesmen (long post - venting nee~
Fra : Anna

Dato : 18-12-03 10:48

Yesterday my boyfriend and I walked into a local store. The sales
chappie first asked us if he could be of any assistance and I said we'd
just like to do some browsing. Turns out he was the worst salesman in
the world. He tailed us from the moment we got there till we left and
kept on saying try this, try that, and he was totally off in his
predictions as to what might be of interest:

He asked me what I gear play and afterwards he was trying to sell me
entry-level kit. Well fair enough – I can live with that … but we then
asked him a few simple questions:

∑ What's the frequency range of the crappy Roland 30W combo he was
trying so hard to flog?

∑ What's the wood on Fender bass he was claiming was "a true steal"?

∑ What's the price on a Roland TD-8K drum kit?

∑ What to look for if you want a wireless solution for bass?

∑ Etc… etc… etc…

He didn't know any answers and didn't even look to other salesmen for
help or through brochures or anything to find any answers for us. He was
so completely lost but yet acted "Mr. know it all" – just ask me any
questions you like… yeah? Like are you going to find me any answers
EVER? He was also incredibly aggressive – trying to push me into trying
the basses I actually liked, like a 70ies J. I think he was totally
surprised when I at one point after saying no three times, gave him my
infamous death stare and firmly said "Wassa matter? Didn't you hear me?
No thanks!" … Silence… Anywhere else I would have been very happy to
try that bass but not from that store!

In sheer desperation I then approached another sales chap (with the
first sales chap looking very surprised and "hurt") but hey I want
answers…. Incompetence is a waste of my time, which I can only live with
if ppl try and compensate with a genuine interest to help me out.

Anyway this new sales chap we talked to apparently was the store manager
who has been in charge for 30+ years and yes he had the answers but was
very impolite and was doing 7 other things while also trying to answer
our questions + his attitude was totally unbearable – such a snob! …
argh… never ever going back! Seriously – they've lost my business in all
time going forwards.

Just wondering has anyone experienced anything similar? What sort of
sales guys do you prefer? I prefer the type that backs off and let me
browse until I know what they've got + lets me ask my questions when I
am ready rather than trying to guess what I might need and tail me!

I know it's a hard one to figure out for a salesman because some might
need a lot of help and other ppl with a weaker buildup would have
probably been pushed into spending some money? Still seriously cheased
off today…

/Anna

--
http://home1.stofanet.dk/bassbabe/
iChat/AOL/ICQ: annabassand (AOL/AIM handle)

Fra : Anna

Dato : 18-12-03 11:02

Anna <notworking@stofanet.dk> wrote:

> Yesterday my boyfriend and I walked into a local store. The sales
> chappie first asked us if he could be of any assistance and I said we'd
> just like to do some browsing. Turns out he was the worst salesman in
> the world. He tailed us from the moment we got there till we left and
> kept on saying try this, try that, and he was totally off in his
> predictions as to what might be of interest:
>
> He asked me what I gear play and afterwards he was trying to sell me
> entry-level kit. Well fair enough – I can live with that … but we then
> asked him a few simple questions:
>
> ∑ What's the frequency range of the crappy Roland 30W combo he was
> trying so hard to flog?
>
> ∑ What's the wood on Fender bass he was claiming was "a true steal"?
>
> ∑ What's the price on a Roland TD-8K drum kit?
>
> ∑ What to look for if you want a wireless solution for bass?
>
> ∑ Etc… etc… etc…
>
> He didn't know any answers and didn't even look to other salesmen for
> help or through brochures or anything to find any answers for us. He was
> so completely lost but yet acted "Mr. know it all" – just ask me any
> questions you like… yeah? Like are you going to find me any answers
> EVER? He was also incredibly aggressive – trying to push me into trying
> the basses I actually liked, like a 70ies J. I think he was totally
> surprised when I at one point after saying no three times, gave him my
> infamous death stare and firmly said "Wassa matter? Didn't you hear me?
> No thanks!" … Silence… Anywhere else I would have been very happy to
> try that bass but not from that store!
>
> In sheer desperation I then approached another sales chap (with the
> first sales chap looking very surprised and "hurt") but hey I want
> answers…. Incompetence is a waste of my time, which I can only live with
> if ppl try and compensate with a genuine interest to help me out.
>
> Anyway this new sales chap we talked to apparently was the store manager
> who has been in charge for 30+ years and yes he had the answers but was
> very impolite and was doing 7 other things while also trying to answer
> our questions + his attitude was totally unbearable – such a snob! …
> argh… never ever going back! Seriously – they've lost my business in all
> time going forwards.
>
> Just wondering has anyone experienced anything similar? What sort of
> sales guys do you prefer? I prefer the type that backs off and let me
> browse until I know what they've got + lets me ask my questions when I
> am ready rather than trying to guess what I might need and tail me!
>
> I know it's a hard one to figure out for a salesman because some might
> need a lot of help and other ppl with a weaker buildup would have
> probably been pushed into spending some money? Still seriously cheased
> off today…
>
> /Anna

Undksyld... forkert newsgroup

Fra : Preben Bødker Nielse~

Dato : 18-12-03 11:56

Anna <notworking@stofanet.dk> wrote:
> Undksyld... forkert newsgroup

Njah, vi får da holdt det engelske vedlige

/Preben
--
Preben Bødker Nielsen
preben AT ravnekrogen.dk . ICQ 138052172 . AIM prebenbodker