Copenhagen Jazz Festival 2001
Fra : Peter W. Bosse

Dato : 09-04-01 03:40

Hey there!

Preliminary program for the Copenhagen Jazz Festival 2001 is:

Nancy Wilson (13-15 July) and Dianne Reeves (9-10 July) in the Tivoli
Gardens (indoor venue), Jazzpar-prizewinner 2001 Marilyn Mazur (12 July)
at the venue Konsistoriegården, Bill Frisell (14 July) at the venue Vega
as well as Richard Bona (9 July) and Nneenna Freelon (15 July) at
Copenhagen JazzHouse.

Tickets for sale already now for Nancy Wilson and Dianne Reeves at
www.billetnet.dk
Complete program will be ready by end of May.

At the same time we would like to tell you about this year's Copenhagen
Jazz Festival art poster which is created by Ejler Bille.

Ejler Bille was born March 6th, 1910, in Odder, Denmark. At 91, he is
still one of Denmarks leading artists, and one of the founders of the
world famous Cobra movement (1948-1951). The motif for this years
jazz poster is partly created from the so-called counterpoint, an idea
that exists both in music and painting.

This is what the artist himself has to say about the motif:
"I have been inspired by ornamentation. That is not to say that the
motif has been dressed up. That would be a degenerate form of
ornamentation, whereas real ornamentation has an independent
expression, so you feel it has something to say." Check out the
art poster at www.jazzfestival.dk/merchandise

If you wish to achieve / receive the poster please let us know by
sending us an email with full addres on info@jazzfestival.dk

Best regards

--
Mvh.