Junior Senior were on MTV in America
Fra : Michelle

Dato : 08-05-03 08:40

Hello!

I just thought you'd be interested to know that Junior Senior were on MTV in
America just a few minutes ago! :) Right after a load of commercials on MTV
one of the VJs broke in with something called "You Hear It First!" Which
tells you about a band that is not known here yet, but are cool! It amazes
me that MTV knows about bands like Sondre Lerche, Rooney and Junior Senior
to bring our attention to them, if we are awake at 2 in the morning, yet
they never show good bands at any other time. :( Anyways you can watch
exactly what was aired here: http://www.mtv.com/news/yhif/ scroll down on
the page. Check out how they censored one of the song titles. :)

*Michelle*

P.S. Danish bands are never shown on TV here unless their name is Aqua and
that was a while ago. Oh I saw a Laid Back video once on MTV2 years ago but
that was it!

Fra : Emil

Dato : 08-05-03 18:20

"Michelle" <supertanker1REMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I just thought you'd be interested to know that Junior Senior were on
> MTV in America just a few minutes ago! :) Right after a load of
> commercials on MTV one of the VJs broke in with something called "You
> Hear It First!" Which tells you about a band that is not known here
> yet, but are cool! It amazes me that MTV knows about bands like Sondre
> Lerche, Rooney and Junior Senior to bring our attention to them, if we
> are awake at 2 in the morning, yet they never show good bands at any
> other time. :(

Actually as the article also says Junior Senior is pretty big in the UK, so
with a little luck we will be hearing a lot more to them in the future.
They are already being played steady on MTV Europe I believe.

--
*/Emil

Fra : Nikolaj Borg

Dato : 08-05-03 18:47

"Emil" <emil@spam.trap> wrote in message
> Actually as the article also says Junior Senior is pretty big in the UK,
so
> with a little luck we will be hearing a lot more to them in the future.
> They are already being played steady on MTV Europe I believe.

Yes, and they've signed a huge contract with an american label IIRC. They'll
be out there in august, I think. Wow, you guys are
ssssssoooooooooooooooooooo lucky .

/Nikolaj

Fra : Michelle

Dato : 08-05-03 20:02

"Nikolaj Borg" <nSiPkAoMl@jborg.dk> wrote in message

> "Emil" <emil@spam.trap> wrote in message
> > Actually as the article also says Junior Senior is pretty big in the UK,
> so
> > with a little luck we will be hearing a lot more to them in the future.
> > They are already being played steady on MTV Europe I believe.
>
> Yes, and they've signed a huge contract with an american label IIRC.
They'll
> be out there in august, I think. Wow, you guys are
> ssssssoooooooooooooooooooo lucky .

I thought they signed with Atlantic Records? Hmm are you being sarcastic? :)
Well I'm surprised Junior Senior have managed to make it this far and not
Superheroes or Mew! But Mew are on their way I hope....the last stop is
always the US.

*Michelle*

Fra : Nikolaj Borg

Dato : 08-05-03 21:33

"Michelle" <supertanker1REMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I thought they signed with Atlantic Records?

Could be. Considering the size of Crunchy Frog, I guess it's a huge company.

> Hmm are you being sarcastic? :)

About you being lucky? Yes, definately. I simply don't like Junior/Senior,
and I can think of 10 other bands that I'd rather see abroad.

> Well I'm surprised Junior Senior have managed to make it this far and not
> Superheroes or Mew! But Mew are on their way I hope....the last stop is
> always the US.

As always with that kind of hit, it's a mix of luck, hard work and talent.
The single obviously struck a chord with a lot of people. And when Fatboy
Slim says that he likes a song, it doesn't hurt the chances :)

/Nikolaj

Fra : Sunnyboy

Dato : 08-05-03 22:35

> About you being lucky? Yes, definately. I simply don't like Junior/Senior,
> and I can think of 10 other bands that I'd rather see abroad.

Like what? I really mean we can be proud of JS, eventhough I have a mixed
taste.

> And when Fatboy
> Slim says that he likes a song, it doesn't hurt the chances :)

At least that should tell you that the song/band got talent.

Fra : Michelle

Dato : 09-05-03 05:39

> "Michelle" <supertanker1REMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I thought they signed with Atlantic Records?
>
> Could be. Considering the size of Crunchy Frog, I guess it's a huge
company.

Atlantic Records is a huge company. I didn't think Crunchy Frog was.

> > Hmm are you being sarcastic? :)
>
> About you being lucky? Yes, definately. I simply don't like Junior/Senior,
> and I can think of 10 other bands that I'd rather see abroad.

Are you living in the US? Well honestly I'm not that into Junior Senior, I
like other Danish bands more than them, but if they came to Texas again I
would go and see them. Like sunnyboy said I would think you would be
proud that a band from tiny Denmark has come this far! I like so much Danish
music so it was exciting for me to see someone from Denmark on my TV instead
of on a mpeg that someone recorded for me from Danish TV!

> > Well I'm surprised Junior Senior have managed to make it this far and
not
> > Superheroes or Mew! But Mew are on their way I hope....the last stop is
> > always the US.
>
> As always with that kind of hit, it's a mix of luck, hard work and talent.
> The single obviously struck a chord with a lot of people. And when Fatboy
> Slim says that he likes a song, it doesn't hurt the chances :)

Well yes, basically most of the bands I like are not known in the US and no
matter how good I think they are they have slim chances of making it here
which is a good thing in a way, but it's also a bad thing because then I can
never see them play live and their albums aren't released here either! It's
a good thing because it somehow annoys me when a band I have liked becomes
so popular here that stupid people like them and for the wrong reasons!

Anyways as far as what I think about Junior Senior having success here I
would say it's a possibility if their video "Move Your Feet" is played on
heavy rotation on MTV! Sadly MTV has a lot of power here! I would think a
band like Mew though would have a better chance of staying well known than
Junior Senior. But we'll see! :)

*Michelle*

Fra : Michelle

Dato : 08-05-03 19:58

"Emil" <emil@spam.trap> wrote in message
> "Michelle" <supertanker1REMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
> > I just thought you'd be interested to know that Junior Senior were on
> > MTV in America just a few minutes ago! :) Right after a load of
> > commercials on MTV one of the VJs broke in with something called "You
> > Hear It First!" Which tells you about a band that is not known here
> > yet, but are cool! It amazes me that MTV knows about bands like Sondre
> > Lerche, Rooney and Junior Senior to bring our attention to them, if we
> > are awake at 2 in the morning, yet they never show good bands at any
> > other time. :(
>
> Actually as the article also says Junior Senior is pretty big in the UK,
so
> with a little luck we will be hearing a lot more to them in the future.
> They are already being played steady on MTV Europe I believe.

Cool! Well we don't get MTV Europe here. We only have MTV America and they
show maybe 5 videos a day (by pink, justin timberlake, christina aguilera,
pop stuff) and the rest of the time shows like the real world, true life - I
have an eating disorder, fraternity life, punk'd, making the video, sorority
life, the osbournes, total request live, jack ass, made - I wanna be a
cheerleader, road rules and so on and so on and so on, stuff that takes the
MUSIC out of MTV! :( So I'm very surprised Junior Senior were mentioned and
that I happened to stop on MTV at that exact time!

*Michelle*

Fra : Mr. Bad Guy

Dato : 08-05-03 20:17

Emil <emil@spam.trap> wrote in

> Actually as the article also says Junior Senior is pretty big in the
> UK, so with a little luck we will be hearing a lot more to them in the
> future. They are already being played steady on MTV Europe I believe.

Junior Senior is gone and forgotten in less than a year!
Don't cry!

Fra : Mikkel Knudsen

Dato : 08-05-03 22:01

> Junior Senior is gone and forgotten in less than a year!
> Don't cry!

But they will find comfort in the fact that they've sold more singles than
Saybia ever will...

MvH Mikkel

Fra : Mikkel Knudsen

Dato : 08-05-03 22:08

> Actually as the article also says Junior Senior is pretty big in the UK,
so
> with a little luck we will be hearing a lot more to them in the future.
> They are already being played steady on MTV Europe I believe.

Move Your Feet is no. 5 on the year-to-date singles chart in the UK:
http://www.dotmusic.com/charts/ytdsingles.asp.

MvH Mikkel