Fra : 3000 Peter Perlsø

Dato : 17-02-03 18:39

------- Begin Forwarded Message -------

Subject: Two months from virgin to powerbook!
From: TuxTrax <see_my_signature@myself.com.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:42:53 GMT

Hi all

Well, two months after buying my wife an eMac, She has bought me a
powerbook (valentines day; I bought her roses, she got me a powerbook).
Two months from the point that I had never used an apple before, I am
sold on Apple. An apple a month keeps the, oh, never mind.

I am the proud new owner of a 12' powerbook G4! I just had to come here
to boast and brag, because this is a machine that definetely imparts
bragging rights to it's owner. It's an incredible piece of engineering.
Absolutely incredible. It's a Wagner in a world of Milli Vanilli's, a
Picasso in a world of hotel room litho's. Everything about it screams
quality and taste.

Someone warned me when I first came to this forum about two months ago,
that once I started using my wife's eMac, I would be buying my own, and
disavowing ever having used anything else. I can see why Apple has the
most loyal customers on earth!

I'm not disavowing the PC. I still have my Linux Box, and I love it. But
my powerbook is the sweetest machine I have ever owned. The ads and
pictures don't do it justice. You just *must* get to an apple retailer
and do the scratch and sniff yourself. It's faster than a speeding
bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap competition in
a single bound.

I have built and owned many PC's (as well as pre PC) computers over the
years. But nothing has ever delighted me the way this notebook does.
It's 4.6 pounds of computing horsepower in a sexy brushed aluminum case,
complete with 802.11G 54 Mbs wireless networking, Firewire, USB, Combo
drive and bluetooth built in. I could talk in detail about why the
powerbook is so awsome, but I'm not going to. I want you to go check it
out.

I have only one regret: Not that Apple charged me too much, but that
they wouldn't take another $200.00 from me, even though I wanted to give
it to them. That's right; I wanted to buy it with the superdrive, but
apple was selling that configuration so fast they couldn't keep it on
the shelves at CompUSA, and they had a long backorder.

In fact, they were having trouble keeping the Apple shelves stocked,
because everything is selling so good. They were out of airport cards,
although they did have the extreme's in (I think I bought the last one).

Oh, and It dosen't have that ugly "made for microsoft windows" label, or
"intel inside" decal.

God I love the Powerbook.

Cheers,

Mathew

--
ROT 13 this address to mail me:

bar jbeq abg guerr; uvtu qrfreg zna, gura nqq - ng lnubb qbg pbz.

-------- End Forwarded Message --------

--
Peter - http://titancity.com/
http://haxor.dk/islamnyt/ - fordelene ved indvandringen