Silent Hunter
Fra : EH

Dato : 04-11-02 00:18

Hej NG

Er der nogen som har kendskab til hvor man kan download en manual til Silent
Hunter II pdf, word eller lignende

På forhånd tak

/JD

Fra : Benny Jensen

Dato : 04-11-02 04:35

Jeg ved ikke om dette er nok. Det er readme filen fra mit spil.
Mvh.
Benny

SILENT HUNTER II
v.1.00.06
README

10/17/01

CONTENTS
I. Scope of this document
II. System requirements
III. Installation Instructions
IV. Running the game
V. Keyboard commands
VI. Uninstall Instructions
VII. Multiplayer
VIII. Manual errata
IX. Known issues
X. Troubleshooting
XI. Technical support

I. SCOPE OF THIS DOCUMENT
This document serves as a means to get you up and running quickly and to
provide any last minute updates that did not make it into the printed
version of the game manual.
There are significant portions of the game that are not covered here that
you are encouraged to explore through reading the game manual.
If you encounter a situation that prevents you from continuing with the game
as noted below, check the troubleshooting section.
If you continue to experience difficulty, refer to the technical support
section.

II. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum system requirements
Pentium II 266
64mb ram
16mb video card with 3D support
Sound Card
650mb free hard drive space
directX 8 or higher
Quicktime 4 or higher

Recommended system specifications
Pentium III 600 or better
128mb ram or better
32mb video card or better

III. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Upon inserting this disk into your CD-ROM drive, the autorun program will
run prompting you to install Silent Hunter II. If for some reason it does
not run or you have the autorun feature disabled for CDs, navigate to your
CD-ROM Drive using My Computer or Windows Explorer. Locate the file
'Setup.exe' and double click this file to run the installer.
The installation program consists of several dialog boxes requiring user
input to continue. The program will also give you the option of installing
additional components required to run the game (Quicktime and DirectX8a). If
your system does not have these components already installed, be sure you
install these components, as they are necessary to run the game.

IV. RUNNING THE GAME
Once you have run through the install process, there are three main ways to
run the game; the first method is to click the 'Silent Hunter II' desktop
icon. The second method is to insert the disk into your CD-ROM drive and
wait for the autorun dialog to appear. Once the autorun dialog appears,
click the 'Play' button. The third method you can use to launch the game is
to click the Start button on your Windows desktop and navigate to Silent
Hunter program group and select Silent Hunter II.
The first time you run the game, you are prompted to select your display
options, after doing so, the intro movies will play (you can click a mouse
button or press any key to skip them) and you will be at the main game
screen. The quickest way to get into the action is achieved by selecting
Single Mission\Create A Mission. Select the parameters you wish to use in
creating a mission and press 'Play' at the lower right. Upon loading the
game, time compression will be set to zero and the pause dialog will be
displayed. To access the station bar, move your mouse cursor to the bottom
of the screen and select from any of the available stations. The individual
stations can also be accessed through the use of the hotkeys noted below. It
is strongly suggested that you play through the training missions to
familiarize yourself with the game controls and behaviors (Single
Mission/Start A New Mission/Training 1-3).

V. Keyboard Commands
Esc Exit the Simulator

Stations
F1 Help
F2 Periscope
F3 Navigation Plot
F4 Helm and Gauges
F5 Torpedo Fire Control
F6 Deck Gun
F7 Anti-Aircraft Machine Gun(s)
F8 UZO
F9 Bridge
F10 Damage Control
F11 Torpedo Status
F12 External View
Print Scrn Radio Room
Scroll Lock Sound Room
Pause/Break Radar
NumLock Captain's Cabin

Panels
Q Navigation control panel
W Torpedo fire control panel
E Command control panel
R Vessel ID control panel

View Controls
Left Arrow Rotate view left
Right Arrow Rotate view right
Up Arrow Raise view/rotate down
Down Arrow Lower view/rotate up
Ctrl Up Arrow Zoom in (external view only)
Ctrl Down Arrow Zoom out (external view only)
Page Up Raise Periscope
Page Down Lower Periscope
H Heading to view
V View to heading
X Toggle padlock view
Z Zoom view (bridge, periscope and machine guns only)
K Enable Torpedo Cam
< Previous ship (external view only)
> Next Ship (external view only)

Time Compression Controls
- Decrease time compression
+ Increase time compression
\ Set 1x time compression
Backspace Pause (0x time compression)

Helm Controls
~ All stop
1 Ahead slow
2 Ahead 1/3
3 Ahead standard
4 Ahead full
5 Ahead flank
6 Back slow
7 Back 1/3
8 Back standard
9 Back emergency
[ Left rudder, 5-degree increments
] Right rudder, 5-degree increments
' Rudder amidships
Ctrl [ Left full rudder
Ctrl ] Right full rudder
J Return to set heading
S Surface the boat
P Periscope depth
D Snorkel depth
C Crash dive
B Blow ballast (emergency surface)
F Raise/Lower Snorkel

Weapons/Targeting Controls
T Cycle torpedo tube selection
Enter Fire currently selected torpedo tube
L Lock/unlock selected target
< Previous gun (AA guns only)
> Next gun (AA guns only)
Up Arrow Decrease range (AA guns/deck gun only)
Down Arrow Increase range (AA guns/deck gun only)
Right Arrow Move right (AA guns/deck gun only)
Left Arrow Move Left (AA guns/deck gun only)
Spacebar Fire gun (AA guns/Deck gun only)

Plot View controls
Z Zoom mode
Spacebar Centering mode
Home Center on the boat
Ctrl Page Up Zoom in
Ctrl Page Down Zoom out
Delete Delete selected waypoint

Miscellaneous
Ctrl PrtScn Screen Capture (saved in root of Sim folder)

VI. UNINSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
There are two ways to remove Silent Hunter II from your system, the first
method is to click the Start button on your Windows desktop and select
Silent Hunter II\Uninstall. The uninstall program will remove all traces of
Silent Hunter II from your system and inform you when it is finished. The
second way to remove Silent Hunter II from you system is to click the Start
button on your Windows desktop and select Settings\Control Panel. Once the
control panel opens, select add\remove programs. From the add\remove
programs window, select Silent Hunter II from the list of installed programs
and click the add\remove button.

VII. MULTIPLAYER
A patch enabling the interoperable multiplayer feature with Destroyer
Command will be available when Destroyer Command ships. Check
www.silenthunter2.com and www.destroyercommand.com for this patch when it
becomes available.

VIII. MANUAL ERRATA
Page 32 - Periscope and Page 69 - Deck Gun
Holding the Shift key will allow you to fine tune your view. Holding both
the Shift and Ctrl keys will allow you even finer tuning.
Page 31 - Man Deck Gun
You can also specify targets by locking them from the UZO or Periscope
stations.
Page 62-63 and 134
Minimum torpedo arming distances are as follows:
Pre 1943 = early Post 1943 = late
T-I (G7a)early 250 meters
T-I (G7a)late 150 meters
T-II (G7e) 250 meters
T-III (G7e) 150 meters
T-I FaT-I (G7a)early 250 meters
T-I FaT-I (G7a)late 150 meters
T-III FaT-II (G7e) 150 meters
T-IIIa FaT-II (G7e) 150 meters
T-V (G7es)early 400 meters
T-V (G7es)late 150 meters
Page 66 - Torpedo Settings
The initial run length setting for FaT pattern running torpedoes is measured
in decameters. Example: setting to 50 equals 500 meters.
Page 76 and 92
The option to send a mayday radio message has been removed in favor of the
Abandon Ship button on the right hand side sliding control panel.
Page 73
To zoom the view in and out on a unit in the 3D view, hold the Ctrl key
while pressing the Up Arrow or Down Arrow keys.
Page 123 - U-boat and Weapon Data
Correct depth ranges for the following boats are as follows:
Typ II-A/B/C/D
80 m (design)
120 m (test)
150 m (calculated crush)
Typ VII-B
100 m (design)
150 m (test)
250 m (calculated crush)
Typ VII-C/D
100 m (design)
165 m (test)
250 m (calculated crush)
Typ VII-C/41
120 m (design)
180 m (test)
300 m (calculated crush)
Typ IX-A/B
100 m (design)
150 m (test)
250 m (calculated crush)
Typ IX-C/C/40/D2
100 m (design)
165 m (test)
250 m (calculated crush)
Typ XXI
120 m (design)
180 m (test)
300 m (calculated crush)

IX. KNOWN ISSUES
1. While Silent Hunter II will run under Windows 2000/NT/XP, doing so is
completely unsupported and you do so at your own risk.
2. There may be issues with the nVidia Detonator3 driver version
4.12.01.1241 on the WinME OS.
3. Users with Matrox graphics cards may see ship rigging colored white.
4. Cavitation (bubbles) from screws may look blocky when viewed on systems
with a Voodoo3 video card.
5. You must have a sound card installed and configured through the
configuration program for the game to run properly.
6. Switching applications while running Silent Hunter II is not supported.
We strongly suggest that you do not run any other programs while playing
Silent Hunter II in order to give the game as much system resources as
possible and to avoid any possible conflicts with other applications.
7. Upon fresh install, you must select sound and video options. If you
cancel the configure application without selecting these options you will
need to press Alt+F4 to return to Windows.
8. If you try to play Silent Hunter II without the CD in the CD Rom drive
and close the 'cd required' dialog box you will need to press Alt+F4 to
return to Windows.

X. TROUBLESHOOTING
Check to make sure you have the latest version of DirectX on your system.
To check, go to start/run and enter dxdiag, if you get an error or your
version of DirectX is below 8 you need to (re)install DirectX. To install
DirectX, open the directX8a directory on the CD and run dx80eng.exe

You must have the latest version of quicktime installed on your system.
To check, go to start/control panels and look for the quicktime control
panel.
If it is not there or the version is below 4.12 you need to install the
latest version. To install quicktime, open the quicktime directory on your
cd and run quicktimeinstaller.exe

Be sure that you have run the config.exe application and have your video and
audio preferences selected.

Most importantly, check to make sure you are running the latest drivers for
your video card.
Many times an issue may be related to running older drivers. Check your
video card manufacturer's website for the latest drivers for your card.
See http://www.windrivers.com
www.matrox.com
www.nvidia.com
www.3dfx.com
www.ati.com
www.diamondmm.com

XI. CONTACT
The most common problem encountered with any new game installation is an
outdated video driver. We recommend that you visit your video card
manufacturer's website for the latest driver-especially if you have
installed a new version of DirectX.

If that fails, the official Silent Hunter web page will have the latest
troubleshooting information:

http://www.silenthunter2.com
http://www.silenthunterii.com
Before contacting technical support, please be prepared to provide the
following information:
Processor type and speed (example: Pentium III 600mhz)
Amount of physical RAM
Video card manufacturer and processor type (example: Diamond Viper V770
TNT2)
The specific driver set you are using (example: NVIDIA detonator 3 drivers)
Any specific error text you may be seeing and/or detailed information on the
error (where and when it appears, etc.)

Contact technical support over the Internet

Before contacting Ubi Soft Technical Support, please carefully read through
the game manual. Also, help is available online at:
http://www.ubisoft.com/support
This site takes you to the Ubi Soft Solution Center. Here you can browse our
FAQ listings, or search the solution database for the most recently updated
information since the game's release or, for fastest e-mail response, you
can send in a request for Personal Assistance from a Technical Support
Representative.

If you are unable to find an answer to your question using
http://www.ubisoft.com/support or this manual, please contact us via one of
the following methods:

Contact technical support by e-mail
You can contact Ubi Soft Support by e-mailing them directly at
support@ubisoft.com.
It may take anywhere from 24-72 hours for us to respond to your e-mail,
depending upon the volume of messages we receive and the nature of your
problem.

Contact technical support by phone
You can also contact us by phone by calling (919) 460-9778. Note that this
number is for technical assistance only. We cannot give hints or tips over
the Technical Support line. When calling our Technical Support line, please
make sure you have the game active at the point where you are experiencing
difficulty.

Be advised that our Technical Support Representatives are available to help
you Monday - Friday from 9 am - 9 pm (Eastern Standard Time), excluding
holidays.
While we do not charge for technical support, normal long distance charges
apply. To avoid long distance charges, or to contact a support
representative directly after these hours, please feel free to use one of
the other support avenues listed above. E-mail responses usually receive a
response in less than 2 business days. If we receive your e-mail, you will
receive a response!

Contact us by Standard Mail:
Please do not send returns directly to Ubi Soft without first contacting a
Technical Support Representative. If you need to return a product, review
the Replacement Policy / Warranty in this manual.

Ubi Soft Entertainment
Attn: Customer Support
2000 Aerial Center
Suite 110
Morrisville, NC 27560

Copyright 2001, Ubi Soft Entertainment, S.A.

In Memoriam:

Dedicated to the memories of the crewmembers lost aboard the Russian
submarine Kursk, the U.S. Navy destroyer USS Cole, and the many victims of
the attacks on 09-11-2001. We will never forget. Fair winds and following
seas.

Slut på readme filen.

Fra : Henrik Dissing

Dato : 04-11-02 19:40

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 04:35:05 +0100, Benny Jensen wrote:

>Copyright 2001, Ubi Soft Entertainment, S.A.

Prøv lige at læse denne linje højt engang, og forklar os så hvad det
betyder.

Venlig hilsen
Henrik Dissing

Fra : eli

Dato : 04-11-02 20:22

Flueknepperi!!!

--
M.v.h
Dan

Fra : per

Dato : 04-11-02 21:24

******
ja det er vist en gang ævl at komme med men der jo nogle der er ret
hellige...
************

Fra : Mikkel Gram-Hansen

Dato : 04-11-02 23:29

eli <eli@popme.dk> wrote in message
> Flueknepperi!!!
> Dan

Hvis du fulgte lidt med her ville du vide at det har været oppe 230487235
gange og denne gruppe er ikke beregnet til at diskutere warez relaterede
emner !
Det har intet med at være hellig at gøre, det drejer sig bare om at poste i
de rigtige grupper, det kan sgu' da ikke være så svært at forstå ??

Mikkel

Fra : EH

Dato : 05-11-02 01:02

Ja beklager alle, min egen havde jeg blot udlånt til en bekendt og nu er den
væk !

Prøver anden NG !

EH

Fra : Mikkel Gram-Hansen

Dato : 05-11-02 01:37

no problem.. det var Dan's kommentar jeg harmede over ;)

Mikkel

Fra : Svend Tveskæg

Dato : 05-11-02 10:47

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 23:28:44 +0100, "Mikkel Gram-Hansen"
<mikkel@gram-hansen.dk> wrote:

>eli <eli@popme.dk> wrote in message
>> Flueknepperi!!!
>> Dan
>
>Hvis du fulgte lidt med her ville du vide at det har været oppe 230487235
>gange og denne gruppe er ikke beregnet til at diskutere warez relaterede
>emner !
>Det har intet med at være hellig at gøre, det drejer sig bare om at poste i
>de rigtige grupper, det kan sgu' da ikke være så svært at forstå ??

Hvormeget warez er der i en manual til et spil?

Fra : Svend Tveskæg

Dato : 05-11-02 10:46

On Mon, 04 Nov 2002 19:40:04 +0100, Henrik Dissing <hendis@tdcadsl.dk>
wrote:

>On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 04:35:05 +0100, Benny Jensen wrote:
>
>>Copyright 2001, Ubi Soft Entertainment, S.A.
>
>Prøv lige at læse denne linje højt engang, og forklar os så hvad det
>betyder.

Det betyder at man frit kan distribuere dokumentet som man har lyst,
ingen begrænsninger der.