King Christian cheese?
Fra : The Ruzicka Family

Dato : 16-06-02 05:34

Hello all!

I've been looking to buy a cheese that is my father's favorite cheese. It
is called "King Christian," or something like that. From what I've found on
the web, it appears to be from Scandinavia, but I can not find any place to
order it from.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks!

ruzicka@pcisys.net

Fra : Usenet

Dato : 18-06-02 13:22

Post the url and Ill check it out for you.

Best Regards

René

Fra : The Ruzicka Family

Dato : 18-06-02 13:39

Here are some sample sites:
http://www.lynnescountrykitchen.net/kitchen/cheese.html

http://www.samcooks.com/SamSays/Scandinavian%20Smorgasbord.htm

Thanks for any help!

Fra : Usenet

Dato : 18-06-02 14:50

Ok that helped, its a type of cheese known in denmark as "Danbo" 6-8 weeks
old,
which makes it a mild cheese. You can get it with caraway aswell.

You can get it anywhere in Denmark.

grtz. René

Fra : The Ruzicka Family

Dato : 19-06-02 03:44

Thank you very much for the help! Just a quick check though. At the one
site I listed:
http://www.lynnescountrykitchen.net/kitchen/cheese.html
it names both Danbo and King Christian (Christian IX) separately. You're
sure they are the same? I wouldn't know one from the other, so if YOU do,
then that's good enough for me.
Thanks again!

Fra : Klaus Alexander Seis~

Dato : 19-06-02 05:35

The Ruzicka Family wrote:

> At the one site I listed:
> http://www.lynnescountrykitchen.net/kitchen/cheese.html
> it names both Danbo and King Christian (Christian IX) separately.
> You're sure they are the same?

Yes, one of the other texts claimed that the Danbo variant with
caraway seeds was called Christian IX.

// Klaus

Fra : Ivar Svensson

Dato : 19-06-02 07:51

The Ruzicka Family:

> Thank you very much for the help! Just a quick check though. At the one
> site I listed:
> http://www.lynnescountrykitchen.net/kitchen/cheese.html
> it names both Danbo and King Christian (Christian IX) separately. You're
> sure they are the same? I wouldn't know one from the other, so if YOU do,
> then that's good enough for me.

Plain Danbo and Danbo with caraway seeds. Do you remember wether your
fathers fav contained caraway seeds?

Regards
Ivar Svensson

Fra : The Ruzicka Family

Dato : 20-06-02 04:01

I do not know whether or not he likes the caraway seeds.
In any event, thank you to all who have helped! It was very nice of all of
you.

Fra : Knud Winckelmann

Dato : 18-06-02 13:59

Således skrev "The Ruzicka Family" <ruzicka@removethis.pcisys.net> i
dk.kultur.mad+drikke Sat, 15 Jun 2002 22:34:08 -0600:

>Hello all!
>
>I've been looking to buy a cheese that is my father's favorite cheese. It
>is called "King Christian," or something like that. From what I've found on
>the web, it appears to be from Scandinavia, but I can not find any place to
>order it from.

According to <http://www.vom.dk/vom/leksikon/vismad.asp?bogstav=o#226>
it's a Danbo with caraway.

<http://www.foodtv.com/terms/tt-r2/0,4474,1947,00.html>
gives a description of a Danbo.

Knud
--
I'm sorry, did I assassinate your penguin?